You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

Info about new services?

Ivan Kovacevic 920456

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

It's been mentioned a few times that new CERT (and other global web services) are are being developed, and some of the deadlines mentioned are approaching. While it's obvious the deadlines only exist to be breached ( ), I'm hoping at least some of the plans have already been made about the structure and layout of those services.

Now, instead of all of us (webmasters) waiting for the new global services to be released only THEN to start developing local (division-level or vacc-level) services that depend on global ones, wouldn't it be more productive to publish specification ahead of time (in abstract, at least) so we could start at least making plans for the future development.

• 2 weeks later...
Abdelrahman M. Elfeky 1044
Posted
Posted

I agree. I need to work on my Division as well , we are currently developing an examination center very similar to Eurotest and I want to know how the new CERT will work so I can manage the login process which will force users to use their VATSIM login instead of creating logins that they will forget lol

Regards,,

s5_logo.png

Harry Williams 1141715
Posted
Posted

Echoing the above,

It would be awefully helpful with the coming implosion of the UK's RTS system and the development of a new one to know what will need to be taken into consideration.

Harry Williams VATUK9,

VATSIM-UK Web Services Manager

Cross the Pond Planning Team Member (Web Monkey)

Alexandra Robison
Posted
Posted

Will the new CERT allow access to the authentication services at the ARTCC/FIR level? Would make things much easier than trying to create forgettable logins like Abdelrahman said.

Luke Cunningham
Posted
Posted
Will the new CERT allow access to the authentication services at the ARTCC/FIR level? Would make things much easier than trying to create forgettable logins like Abdelrahman said.

That's always been available through autotools and MAPS. You need to consult VP Membership for the docomeent which gives details on how to do this.

Luke Cunningham

Senior Controller

VATSIM United Kingdom

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

Luke, the MAPS allows REGIONAL access to anyone using it - it's not something you'd want to distribute to 30-odd vACCs out there.

Rahul Parkar
Posted
Posted

Luke,

Not unless something changed... (Someone tell me it has, it would make my life so much easier)

AutoTools is only available to Divisions and Regions.

From the AutoTools FAQ that is stickied at the top of this thread.

Q: Who can use Auto-Tools?

A: Auto-Tools access is available to Staff of Regions or Divisions. Access is not permitted for FIR/ARTCC/vACC or Virtual Airlines.

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Nothing has changed.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Rahul Parkar
Posted
Posted

Cool,

Thanks Norm

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)