You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSInn pilots can see director - SquawkBox pilots can't

Eivind Fosse 818131

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

Hi,

In Oslo TMA there is a position Oslo Director on 136.4 MHz. This position is ENGM_D_APP on VATSIM.

For some reason only pilots running FSInn can see this position online. If a pilot uses SquawkBox he can not see the position online and he can not contact it.

All ATC sees the position as normal.

One idea is that it has to do with the relatively high frequency of 136.4, but this has yet to be confirmed.

Any ideas on what might solve this problem? Or what is causing it?

Thank you

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

I would suspect the frequency. From what I've heard frequencies over 134.975 haven't been used for that many years. This means not all flight simulator software is produced to simulate those frequencies.

Another example of this can be found at Stansted where the real life frequency for Stansted Director is 136.200, on vatsim this isn't used due to it being uncompatible with some softwares.

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

I see...

At least it is a pilot client issue, and not a problem with the sectorfile.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

i dont think its that simple. you would still see the controller online even if you cant tune to whatever frequency they have set.

the only difference is you would get a pop up from flightsim telling you it cant tune to that frequency, but you can still see them on the ATC list.

if you cant be seen on the ATC list itself, its something else IMO

Scott Diamond 1001574
Posted
Posted

Ernesto, it is that simple. In Squawkbox you'll only see the controller in the list if their primary frequency is set - and that primary frequency has to be within a certain range. I believe values above 136.xxx MHz don't work on Squawkbox so try getting another frequency below that value and it will be fine. EGPX_CTR on VATSIM uses 135.520 which shows up for FSInn and Squawkbox users fine.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

interesting, first ive heard of that 136.xx limit