You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XP10 Demo Released

Mike Burke 1145825

Mike Burke 1145825
Posted
Posted

http://www.x-plane.com/

Anxious to see how this is going to run on current gen hardware. Will report any issues I have with XSB though it should be backwards-compatible.

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

And the full version can also be ordered, will be shipping 5th or 7th December.

Alex

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

thanks!

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Looks very promising, tks for da update!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

• 4 weeks later...
John Konicek 1211587
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know how VATSIM works with X-Plane? I posted a thread on the pilot talk, but I figured I'd check here to see if anyone knows.

Thanks!

John Konicek

vZMP Controller In Training

X-Plane 10 Pilot

IRL Student Pilot - Solo - C172

Mike Burke 1145825
Posted
Posted

Hi John, if you want to fly on VATSIM with X-Plane you need to pick up xsquawkbox here: http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xsb/

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Hi

I downloaded the demo a couple of weeks ago, clearly microsoft has made me lazy as I found the interface in XP10 absolutely terrible, but Austin likes it and has stated he wont chenge it. I still cant get my X52 Throttle system to work correctly, I push the throttle forward and the throttles in the sim come back towards idle and the engines spool up. Weird.

I have managed to get the 747 off the ground, I must admit i like the weight and feel of the aircraft but the external model is a little shoddy, of course this is the default 747 but showing jaggies is not something I am used to looking at.

The weather engine is superb but and the distant visibility with fog and mist in valleys is quite impressive, but nothing I can't achieve in FSX. One thing that is a big bonus and that is sloping and bumpy runways. The whole experience is spoilt for me because of the interface I have been trying to find a framerate counter/indicator since I installed it over a week ago with no success. Also adjusting certain variables in the interface regarding graphics doesnt seem to make an awful lot of diffrence, I cant help wondering that having a high end i5 PC is the issue in as much as once you get past a certain hardware configuration you cant improve upon the best xplane provides. (hope that makes sense)

Finally the 10 minutes of joystick time is a pain in the butt and just makes the demo more or less unusuable. Unfortunately because of this feature alone I can't make up my mind as to whether I wish to buy the product.

The sim is smooth and flight is smooth, bad weather just presents you with a screen full of white so I think tweaking the weather depiction is a must.

I have a high pound investment into FSX, so i am perfectly happy to stay with that for the forseeable future, who knows one Aerosoft might get their flight simulator off the ground, so to speak.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Xp10 works with the multiplayer rendering code that is used in the xsb plugin, but I haven't tried it on vatsim yet.

Wycliffe, sounds like the throttle was reversed. Go to the joystick axis screen and click the reverse button to invert the mapping. Done.

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

And the frame rate counter is built in, settings -> data input & output.

Line 1, check column 4 for output to the screen.

• 1 year later...
Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Just read my post from 2011 re xplane, good grief I was such a noob when I first started with xplane lol. I have changed my views considerably since then. Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

I remember reading those posts thinking that you'd either go straight back to FSX, or you'd make the move, whole hog, and would one day laugh at your first impressions of X-Plane.

Happily, it was the latter