You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Transatlantic Crossing KJFK to/from EGKK and EGLL

Matt Sanders 1181017

Matt Sanders 1181017
Posted
Posted

Please note we are looking for Oceanic ATC Controllers for The Four Ways Event on 3rd December 2011 (operating in conjunction with the Openskies 2011 UK Event on the same day.

M[Mod - Happy Thoughts] KJFK ATC Controllers from 1400Z to 2200Z (and beyond for late flights) will be notably rewarded with good amounts of flights to direct.

PLEASE see vRoute events calender on 3rd December 2011 for further details.

MANY THANKS

Matt

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Oceania is the Pacific Ocean Region, Matt. Gonna be a looonngggg flight from JFK to the UK going that way...

Cheers

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Jeff Smith 900591
Posted
Posted

Hi Matt,

No worries, a few of us here are also visiting controllers in either Shanwick or Gander. I may be available around 1700z, but your best bet would be to post in the VATCAN and VATUK oceanic forums if you have not done so already. Good Luck with your event!

Jeff Smith, VATOCE2

VATSIM OCEANIA

Deputy RD

http://www.worldflight.com.au

vatoce_logo60.jpg

atc2o.png

Matt Sanders 1181017
Posted
Posted
Hi Matt,

No worries, a few of us here are also visiting controllers in either Shanwick or Gander. I may be available around 1700z, but your best bet would be to post in the VATCAN and VATUK oceanic forums if you have not done so already. Good Luck with your event!

Thanks Jeff, 1700Z sounds very good. Flights are long so it should be possible to see what traffic is heading your way on vRoute. I'd say this to any ATC who are interested in covering areas in their respective regions as part of this event.

I am of course looking to cover the transatlantic crossing with ATC to provide transition between KJFK and London. I'll post on VATCAN and VATUK Oceanic forums - thanks again.

Randy as regards the reverse way to London, yup I totally agree LOL!! I'll take the Atlantic option personally

Really hope to see you there if possible

Best, Matt