You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sudden crash caused by xuipc.dll

Abdelrahman M. Elfeky 1044

Posted
Posted

Hello,

I was having a nice flight until FSX crashed on me for some reason. This is the first time I have a crash since six months (when I started to use FSX as main sim). Following is the error log:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: xuipc.dll, version: 10.0.61261.0, time stamp: 0x4695574e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0001031a

Faulting process id: 0xf50

Faulting application start time: 0x01ccb67de92ea31f

Faulting application path: E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\xuipc.dll

Report Id: 2041f1ea-22aa-11e1-9870-00241d7d9eca

I got Quad Core AMD , ATI5850 , 8GB DDR3 and OCZ Vertex2 as Boot, am sure it's not my machine. I also got Win7 SP1 64bit with the latest updates from Microsoft.

Any idea guys ?

s5_logo.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

0xc0000005 in the report means its security related. may have improper admin rights set with whatever addon it is or FSX

Posted
Posted

Hey,

I went through this post before posting this thread .. nothing new really .. this guy was missing updates which I already have

Also, I didn't [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign any Admin rights nor to FSX nor to FSINN, should I ?

Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

if you are using FSINN, yes FSX should be run as admin from the compatibility properties. right click on your main fsx.exe, go to compatibility then click run as administrator at the bottom.

do not do this for FSINN, just FSX

Posted
Posted
if you are using FSINN, yes FSX should be run as admin from the compatibility properties. right click on your main fsx.exe, go to compatibility the click run as administrator at the bottom.

do not do this for FSINN, just FSX

Will do that on next FSX run. As I said, this is the first time it happens since I first start depending on FSX instead of FS9. I can't really tell you when it's coming back

Also, Maybe my registery ? or maybe the bloody OS?

Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

nah, shouldnt be too hard to track that one, its definitely security related according to the report, so shouldnt be any issue with the OS.

this one of those things that usually wont show itself right away, with my luck it has usually been towards the end of an 8 hour flight on approach

its usually a simple one to fix.

i would also check any new addons you have added, check their dev forums to see if theirs been any reports of people having to run the installers a certain way. usually you dont have to run them differently but never know

Posted
Posted
nah, shouldnt be too hard to track that one, its definitely security related according to the report, so shouldnt be any issue with the OS.

this one of those things that usually wont show itself right away, with my luck it has usually been towards the end of an 8 hour flight on approach

its usually a simple one to fix.

i would also check any new addons you have added, check their dev forums to see if theirs been any reports of people having to run the installers a certain way. usually you dont have to run them differently but never know

I have just installed LVLD767 before this flight and I guess I will just remove it , it's dodgy anyway

Thanks to God and FSUIPC, I enabled Autosave before start of this flight, so I didn't really waste seven hours of flying for nothing lol

Regards,,

s5_logo.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
0xc0000005 in the report means its security related.

No, it's a "General Protection Fault" which simply means that a process is trying to read a memory location it doesn't own. I'm interested in finding out how if it was security related, it worked for several months.

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Posted
Posted
0xc0000005 in the report means its security related.

No, it's a "General Protection Fault" which simply means that a process is trying to read a memory location it doesn't own. I'm interested in finding out how if it was security related, it worked for several months.

Luke

Maybe it's all because off LVLD I had just installed ?

Regards,,

s5_logo.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

the articles ive seen on that one have all related that one to security settings. youll have to search the web and write them to fix those articles

you wont see it right away cause it wont happen until something tries to access something that isnt allowed to be accessed without those security rights from what i gathered from those articles.

if its something else, please do share. all the ones ive come across have been fixed just by changing the admin rights. im open to other ways for these, especially if it makes it easier

Posted
Posted
the articles ive seen on that one have all related that one to security settings. youll have to search the web and write them to fix those articles

you wont see it right away cause it wont happen until something tries to access something that isnt allowed to be accessed without those security rights from what i gathered from those articles.

if its something else, please do share. all the ones ive come across have been fixed just by changing the admin rights. im open to other ways for these, especially if it makes it easier

Let me test that and will come back here

Thanks

s5_logo.png