You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Nassau International & San Juan Luiz Munoz Marin Airport

Matt Sanders 1181017

Matt Sanders 1181017
Posted
Posted

Would any of our VATSIM colleagues be interested in covering Caribbean Airspace for a period of 4 hours maximum (across two hour shift patterns) on 24th December 2011? Yes, I sincerely realise this is Xmas Eve so a two hour slot is all I could ever hope to wish for.

11am to 3pm local N[Mod - Happy Thoughts]au International time and 4pm to 8pm Z/GMT time here in the UK.

MYNN to TJSJ - Approx 725nm of warm inviting Caribbean Winter Bliss.

If you would love to manage flights on that day I will specifically design the Event Poster to ensure that ALL flights must be logged and booked to take off NO later than 1230pm local N[Mod - Happy Thoughts]au International time or 530pm Z/GMT UK time, thus allowing two and a half hours for the last flight booking.

With airport charts it should be possible to get 18 flights from one runway or 36 flights if two runways are operative on close communication between each ATC controller responsible for alternate runway clearance respectively.

Thus N[Mod - Happy Thoughts]au need only be open for two hours and San Juan Luiz Munoz Marin for roughly two hours for arrivals.

What do you feel about this?

Thanks, Matt

Salvatore Barcia 1055319
Posted
Posted

Cantact the Vatcar Events Director:

[email protected]

Salvatore Barcia - 1055319
Cross the Gulf President
Miami ARTCC C1- United States Division

Matt Sanders 1181017
Posted
Posted
Cantact the Vatcar Events Director:

[email protected]

Thanks Salvatore, I will do this and I've also contacted Leemar Yarde too.

I'm hoping that many VATSIM friends and colleagues will really be interested to participate and truly enjoy the event. It would be great to have a relaxed and informal approach to make it fun, Caribbean Style )

I've set a final take-off departure time of 1730Z - 1230pm local time to ensure non-VATSIM family and friends can enjoy the Coquito party mood afterwards ) and to ensure ATC aren't waiting for late arrivals )

Thanks again, Matt

Salvatore Barcia 1055319
Posted
Posted

I'll contact Miami Oceanic controllers

Cross the Gulf President

Salvatore Barcia 1055319
Posted
Posted

Do you have an estimated amount of pilots that will be participating in this event?

Cross the Gulf President

Matt Sanders 1181017
Posted
Posted
Do you have an estimated amount of pilots that will be participating in this event?

Firstly, many THANKS for the Miami Oceanic heads up!! FABULOUS!!

Great question Salvatore especially with it being Xmas Eve and all! Erm... early indications are that quite a number of Pilots are really up for this Event!! Uh-hum.. my own Jamaican Rum bottle is already on its way HAHA!!

Due to family and other Xmas commitments I didn't want to formally administrate bookings except that Pilots wishing to take part should prebook with either vRoute or other officially affiliated VATSIM booking systems.

I don't know whether VATCAR at MYNN will be able to open two runways with respective left and right navigational patterns to ease traffic flow on departure? Also some will opt for TJSJ to MYNN if early prebooked numbers are really high which is great news for MYNN to receive arrivals too

Sorry, I just don't know where or how to collate prebooked flight statistics... any help from anyone on this would be FANTASTIC!!!

Very best, Matt

Matt Sanders 1181017
Posted
Posted

PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN.

Thank you.