You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Aircraft category not working

Lluis del Cerro 810821

Lluis del Cerro 810821
Posted
Posted

Good evening,

I have new hardware and re-installed everything, including Euroscope. I have done this several times and always was fine, but this time the parameter "Aircraft category" in the "sector inbound", "sector exit" and "departure" lists does not work. I have always a "?" symbol in this field for all lists. Any help to understand what may be happening and solve it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Lluís

Lluís del Cerro

Senior Instructor

http://www.catalonian-airlines.cat

vatsim_5000h.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

You need to load the aircraft.txt file in order to have the Aircraft category.

Lluis del Cerro 810821
Posted
Posted

Hi Todor,

You need to load the aircraft.txt file in order to have the Aircraft category.

Thank you. I have loaded it now and I hope that it will work next time I run Euroscope.

By the way ... I always install ES in a personal folder which is regularly backed up but those txt files have been installed on folder C:\users\etc although I installed ES in D:\my_personal_folder\Euroscope. Could it be possible to modify the install program to install all ES related files in the folder defined by the user?

Thanks,

Lluís

Lluís del Cerro

Senior Instructor

vatsim_5000h.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Will put in the wish list.

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

That's how it used to be, but it was changed due to the rights limitation of the programs folder on some windows versions. The users folder is the place where such files should be placed by design.

So this is very unlikely to be changed back to the original state, because the current system is how the current windows versions expect programs to handle these files. Also if I remember correctly, the possibilities with the Installer Wizard are limited, so it is probably not possible to make that more customizable, otherwise it would already be that way.

However it is already possible to do what you want to do. You just have to create a profile and put the relevant paths to the settings files in there. Then even after a new installation you can just reuse that profile. How to do that is described here.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Lluis del Cerro 810821
Posted
Posted

First of all, good morning gentlemen,

However it is already possible to do what you want to do.

Following the advice of several friends working in computering I purchased a 128 Gb Kingston SSD (Solid State Disk) and, also after their advice, I installed in it only the OS (WIndows 7 64 bits), Microsoft Office 2010 and Flight Simulator 2009 to obtain a singularly noticeable speed increase. This became the main "C:" disk in my system. My "old" disk (formerly unit C:) was a dual HDD Seagate 150 Gb each configured as RAID 0 (thus behaving as a single 300 Gb HDD) and now it is my "D:" disk where I install all other software and my personal files. As I regularly back up my personal files and aviation-simulated-related software and data (Euroscope, ServInfo, ACARS, etc.) I changed the original install path of Euroscope in C: disk ("C:\Users\...\Euroscope") for the "D:" thus resulting in the install path "D:\My Files\Euroscope". This is the first time I use this disk structure as I always used a large C: disk for everything although keeping a personal folder where all this software and data was run and stored (before it was "C:\My Files\Euroscope").

My Euroscope runs perfectly but after this new install path I noticed that the "Aircraft category" in the lists was not correctly displayed. As soon as Todor answered my question I placed the four *.txt files under the "D:\My Files\Euroscope\datafiles" folder and the radar now runs smoothly as usual and everything is displayed as it should.

In my opinion, as long as the installer can handle those "alternative" install paths or the user can be advised on other folders where to install the files, that would be a useful innovation.

Regards,

Lluís

Lluís del Cerro

Senior Instructor

vatsim_5000h.png