You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

iFly 737 Autothrottle Stuck at Full

Brendan Chen 943434

Brendan Chen 943434
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I've experienced something very strange with my iFly 737. To correctly operate the aircraft, I must set autothrottle OFF because there are two conditions preventing me from using it.

1. When I am on a takeoff roll, I press TOGA, the throttle speeds up very fast to the max position. Taking off very fast even I have D-TO set. Somehow during the climb, it was again very fast and when I am on the cruise, it's overspeeding because the throttle is still set on non-derated TO power. This prevents me from using autothrottle, manual throttle must be applied.
  2. When I change the calibration of the joystick mapping using FSUIPC to send throttle commands to Axis Calibration, even with AT on and VNAV engaged (AP also engaged), the throttles become manual. I can fly it like I didn't have any autonomy on. Somehow the AT/VNAV is still lit up.

Some information I would like to include also. This is the first time I am using FSUIPC to do configuration, and the joystick I am using now is a Cyborg F.L.Y. 5, which is new. I am away from home, but when I was at home, using my home joystick, everything seemed fine. Since the F.L.Y 5 have dual throttles on it, I wished to take advantage of it. But somehow FS wasn't picking up everything, wasn't responding to the second throttle's (right throttle) movements. Thus I try FSUIPC.

Everything seems to work fine now with throttle movements, but the issues above is what I experienced. This is a very rare issue I found as I did a lot of searching for it. There were two particular threads elsewhere which was on this topic, but no solutions as such.

Please let me know if anyone knows anything about it.

Regards,

Brendan

Brendan Chen

VATPRC Tech Support

You make the difference!

672A68079898-1_zps98cef54d.png

Svilen Vassilev
Posted
Posted

This is a FSUIPC calibration settings issue that can happen with some controllers, easy to solve, it's been discussed and solution is provided on the official iFly Support forums in this thread:

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=6073&title=solvedautothrottle-does-only-produce-full-thrust

C1/P2 | vaccbih.info

Brendan Chen 943434
Posted
Posted

Guess my search terms were all wrong if that I couldn't even find :S

Thanks for the information, I'll have a read of it.

Brendan Chen

VATPRC Tech Support

You make the difference!

672A68079898-1_zps98cef54d.png

Svilen Vassilev
Posted
Posted

No problem

Just to summarize: it all boils down to the fact that in FSUIPC joystick calibration for throttle axes "No reverse zone" should be checked and most importantly "exclude throttle n set" should be checked as well. And of course: calibrate the axes in FSUIPc properly. I had a similar issue with the saitek throttle quadrant and those steps fixed the issue.

C1/P2 | vaccbih.info