You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Special Thanks To VATIL For AMAZING LLBG Event!!!!

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I would like to take opportunity to express my gratitude and zillions of thanks to all controllers of VATIL controllers for fantastic 72 hour LLBG event!!!!

Although it said 72 hours, it is actually FOUR days or 96 hours of non stop LLBG ATC coverage!!!

I participated in LLBG event for FOUR STRAIGHT days!!! First was on 12/22 from LGRP to LLBG, second was on 12/23 from LGTS to LLBG, third was on 12/24 from LLET to LLBG, and fourth was on 12/25 from LOWW to LLBG!!! On fourth day from LOWW to LLBG, my 742's reverse thrusters failed and at same time LLBG scenery crashed on me meaning I landed on blank ground without knowing where I was!!!!

Many many thanks to all of you!!!!

That was GREAT Chanukah gift from all of VATIL controllers!!!

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted
... and at same time LLBG scenery crashed on me meaning I landed on blank ground without knowing where I was!!!!

It's called a blind approach, meant for you to get proficient. Either that or you just overused LLBG

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Miguel,

I think you misunderstood my statements. When I said freeware add-on LLBG scenery crashed, it means that the LLBG scenery including airport and all runways and taxiways disappeared into thin air and all I got was ALL GR[Mod - Happy Thoughts] ground just moments before I landed.

Therefore I did not know where I was and I hoped I landed correctly and stopped correctly on INVISIBLE runway 28 that was now all gr[Mod - Happy Thoughts] and I did guessing by exiting to left to taxiway K in hope I was correct. Then 2 minutes later, LLBG scenery reappeared and it turned out I was little off from K taxiway taxiing on gr[Mod - Happy Thoughts].

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

I did understand you. It was only a joke

It has happened to me before as well, when the scenery vanishes and we land "blindly", [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming it's on the runway, lined up properly.

Miguel

Miguel Frias

1107190.png1107190.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Miguel,

Ahh my apologies I did not realize you were just joking. I thought you misunderstood my post because of language differences.

Once again, my apologies to you.

Since you cover Lisbon and Maderia, how about 48 or 72 hour event for Lisbon and Maderia airports please please??? You will for sure attract many pilots from America and Canada flying to Lisbon and Maderia!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

I once did LPPT_APP for 24 hours straight non-stop (just me). Will probably repeat this as LPPC_CTR one of these days. Stay tuned

Miguel Frias

1107190.png1107190.png

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted
how about 48 or 72 hour event for Lisbon and Maderia airports please please??? You will for sure attract many pilots from America and Canada flying to Lisbon and Maderia!!!!

In the meantime... tomorrow from 1400z onwards we have our annual Madeira FlyIn event. More info here:

http://www.vatsim.net/news-details/madeira-new-years-eve-party/0af8565e5b/

Miguel Frias

1107190.png1107190.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Miguel,

Very cool!!!!! I look forward to your future 24 hour event in hope it will work for America's evening time zone. Good luck with your Maderia event tomorrow!!

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Well as usual if it's 24 hours then everyone can have a go at flying during that period. Last time I did it from 1400z-1400z.

Miguel Frias

1107190.png1107190.png