You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

.ese "GUEST"

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936
Posted
Posted

I was reading the docomeentation for euroscope and I don't understand what the guest line does. I understand it isn't required, but it may be the solution to a problem with handoffs. CTR is obviously supposed to handoff arrivalls to APP, but euroscope is handing them off to departure instead. From what I've read, if I add the line "GUEST:CYYZ_DEP:*:CYYZ" into approaches sector, then if an aircraft is in departures airspace, but going to CYYZ, then it will be approaches aircraft. I'm not to sure, the docomeentation is confusing in that part, can anybody confirm that this is correct. Thank

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

CZUL, ZNY, ZOB, ZBW Visitor

Canforce CEO

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936
Posted
Posted

still having trouble understanding the function of the guest line

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

Canforce CEO

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

The guest line, as Iv'e understood it, allows a "guest" to borrow your airspace without euroscope marking the tags as concerned (I belive it is).

Let me try and explain it with an example.

The Stockolm TMA is divided into several sectors, let's pretend we are on as APP W, we also have ESSA DEP online.

If we did not have the guest line all departures going through our airspace being tracked by departure would turn orange (which is the colour used when someone else is tracking a flight in your airspace). This means that departure is borrowing our airspace (which is why the guest-line is there). Since DEP does not have any it's own airspace the guest line allows the system to understand what we're doing without starting to flash it's electronic alerts at us saying the flight is on the wrong frequency.

My attempt at an explanation, perhaps it helped somewhat anyway...

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

• 2 weeks later...
Aaron Schpitzer 1174936
Posted
Posted

So how would I format that? When CYYZ_DEP, APP and CTR are online, CTR is supposed to handoff airriving aircraft obviously to APP. The aircraft however I guess go through DEP airspace a little bit or are above APP's when the handoff is initiated. So I would add the guest line into APP or DEP sector? I understand the format I think, just not sure in which one to put it. Thanks for the explanation, it confirmed that I understand the function right.

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

Canforce CEO

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Hi,

The GUEST keyword works just as written in the WIKI: "When an aircraft is flying in this sector and its current owner is the controller defined in this [GUEST] line and the departure and the destination airport match the flight plan then the sector owner will be the current controller." So if a plane is in a sector with a GUEST defined and the guest controller is trucking it then ES keeps it as the plane were inside any of the sectors of the guest controller.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936
Posted
Posted

Ah, that clears it up, I played around with the lines and got the handoffs to work properly now, thanks for the help

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

Canforce CEO