You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Apologies to EGCC GND

Paul Georges Rodrigues Mil

Paul Georges Rodrigues Mil
Posted
Posted

Hi

New to VATSIM, I installed all the softwares one can imagine to enjoy the all experience. Still I ran into deep problems when I tried to set up frequencies. ASRC would set up properly. Then I had to get into draconian measures. I, accidentally or to say... whitout being aware of, directly connected to rooms via RW. As a result I appeared on most radars as newbie... and idle somewhere... no flight plan, no aircraft and nowhere to go. The wake up call came from Manchester Ground Control who, kindly, asked me or "newbie" as it was, to vacate the frequency. Which I did!

After many cups of coffee, manuals in different languages and a bit of common sense and reading I did set up the all system and to my joy I experienced my first evening observing the inbound traffic at EGCC as well as listening to controllers and pilots alike. Looking forward to be part of the team I wish to apologise to Manchester Ground Control for my intrusion. Won't happen again SIr!

Paul - Ex Newbie!

William Brazier 906785
Posted
Posted

lol dont worry we were all in that positon once

SigBanner1.jpg