You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

LoA COPX problems

Anders Moen

Anders Moen
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I am having some problems in my .ESE-file.

From what I've heard and read, ES will look through the ESE-file for a COPX that matches an aircrafts route/destination etc, and when it finds it, it will stop searching further down in the file.

Here's what I'm struggling with:

The LoA says that ATCC Malmö (ESMM) shall descend airplanes via REGMA down to FL250 if cruising level is above FL255, and destination is ENGM.

ESMM can also clear these flights direct LUNIP.

In my sim-file I have 3 airplanes with 3 different situations;

- NAX01, has both REGMA and LUNIP in his FPL, destination ENGM

- NAX02, has only REGMA in his FPL, destination ENGM

- NAX03, has both REGMA and LUNIP in his FPL, however, his destination is ENVA (transit flight)

First I tried this code:

FIR_COPX:REGMA:*:LUNIP:ENGM:*:ESMM4:ENOS3:*:25000:LUNIP (I have also been trying this: FIR_COPX:*:*:LUNIP:ENGM:*:ESMM4:ENOS3:*:25000:LUNIP)

It works great on NAX01.

Then I added this below the code above:

FIR_COPX:*:*:REGMA:ENGM:*:ESMM4:ENOS3:*:25000:REGMA

Now the first line don't work anymore, and both NAX01 and NAX02 gets COPX REGMA 250, even though NAX01 should still have COPX LUNIP 250.

NAX03 seems to be working properly at all times, when I add this

FIR_COPX:*:*:REGMA:*:*:ESMM4:ENOS3:*:*:REGMA

below both lines above.

What could be the problem regarding NAX01 and NAX02?

Thanks!

Anders

Alexander Fath 952810
Posted
Posted

REGMA comes before LUNIP. ES searches in the order of the flight plan. If it founds a rule for REGMA, this filter becomes valid until REGMA is p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed, all following points are ignored, as the rules stands.

After REGMA is p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed, ES searches for all the next points in the fp, until it finds a vallid rule again.

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

According to the Euroscope Wiki that does not seem to be correct.

The Wiki pages states:

The COP lines have a priority from top to bottom. So the topmost line that verifies all rules will be chosen even if lower is a more suitable line which should be chosen. Therefore place the lines with most rules at the top and the lines with least rules at the bottom.

To me that sounds more like that the topmost lines in the ESE are read through first. Not according to points in a FPL.

Alexander Fath 952810
Posted
Posted

Yeah, the topmost line, but for the fixes in order of the flightplan.

First ES searches from top to bottom the rule for the first fix, and if there are more than one rule which applies, then the topmost wins.

If nothing for the first fix is found, then it goes on with the next fix, and so on.

• 2 weeks later...
Anders Moen
Posted
Posted

Hello Alexander,

thanks for your replies, but I have to ask:

FIR_COPX:*:*:REGMA:LUNIP:*:ESMM4:ENOS3:*:25000:LUNIP

FIR_COPX:*:*:REGMA:*:*:ESMM4:ENOS3:*:25000:REGMA

Okay, so we have established that this doesn't work, however, we do have a similar LoA which does not use FIR_COPX, but COPX, which works just fine - is there any difference between these two FIR_COPX and COPX?

COPX:ENBR:*:GITRO:AMLOL:*:ENSVS:ENOS6:31000:*:AMLOL

COPX:ENBR:*:GITRO:*:*:ENSVS:ENOS6:31000:*:GITRO

The above code works fine, even though it's the same thing as REGMA/LUNIP, expect that it doesn't use the FIR_COPX...is there any sort of difference between FIR_COPX and COPX? Would the REGMA LoA work if we were to use only COPX on it maybe?

Anders

Alexander Fath 952810
Posted
Posted

FIR_COPX is shown in the tag-item 'FIR exit point name', COPX is shown in the tag-item 'Sector exit point name'. You should place both items in your tag/list and then make some tests to see the difference.

Edit: I made a test right now, it seems FIX_COPX is also shown in COPX if no COPX befor is defined. So there might be some other error.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

FIR_COPX and COPX are treated just the same in the logic, it's just that the FIR_COPX is shown in the FIR_COPX tag item.

What is not working?