You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATIS URL

Dmetrey Taborko 1079623

Dmetrey Taborko 1079623
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Im an ATC from Belarus. Ther is not much ATC here (if im not the only one), and the software that VATRUS provided me is really lacking of many things i have seen in other VACCs, but most of all the ATIS. Recording it is hard becouse the ATIS changes quite often and in the ATIS we MUST contain things that are not required in other countries like the runway condition, breaking action, RMK. Ive tried lost of URLs used by diffrent VACCs, but can not find the right one. Most of all they usually dont include meters per second instead of knots for the wind data. So im asking here if there is a way i could create (host?) my own atis URL for my FIR with settings more common for my country?

Dmetrey.

generate.php?mid=1079623

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

Hi Dmetrey,

I think you have two options.

Your first option is to use UniATIS. This site provides custom ATISes for many locations already, and it may be possible to have UniATIS modified to support your airports.

Your second option is to make your own program and voice recordings. That is what I did, and I released all of the files for other people to use. Go to http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=40006 to read about it and get the files for you to experiment.

You might ask me, which is best? I am not sure. I might suggest, start with UniATIS; if that does not work, use my method. For the voice recordings, I think I am the only person who has published a method for producing computer recordings for EuroScope format.

I hope this information will be helpful to you. Good luck!

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Hi Dmetrey,

You can record your own ATIS or use someone else's.

If you go for option 1, you will need to record every single word that may show up in an ATIS message (number 0-9, letters A-Z, visibility, winds, knots, windshear, runway, snow, fog, mist, etc, etc...). This is a bit of hard work and requires some knowledge of audio recording/trimming and a nice voice that can be understood. But as soon as it is done, the ATIS is automatic and you don't have to keep recording a new one every 30 minutes.

Otherwise, you can use an ATIS package already built (I made one myself using the above).

Also, ATIS generators likle UniATIS or the one from Vacchun can be used. But they generate simple, standard ATIS messages. Once again, I created my own ATIS generator so that I can generate an ATIS message that is compliant and equal to the ones used here in Portugal. For this, you would have to know a bit of programming (PHP or whatever...) in order to split the METAR up and variables sent in by your radar client.

You mentioned braking action and runway conditions... these are very specific to your airport/FIR so I guess you would have to program the generator to produce the exact format you want.

If you wish I can host the ATIS for your airport/FIR as long as you provide information regarding all those aspects. Send me a PM if you wish so.

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png