You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope - Not able to select active airport?

Tom Ferguson 1001542

Tom Ferguson 1001542
Posted
Posted

Hey,

When using Euroscope I cannot set an active airport. I select the active airport and runways and hit OK but then flight plans and the METAR doesn't show up, so I go back into the active runways window and Euroscope has deselected the active airport. It just keeps doing this, so I can't set an active.

Any ideas?

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

What are you signed in as when doing this? IIRC you can not have an active airport as an observer, are you signed in as an OBS or to an ATC position?

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Tom Ferguson 1001542
Posted
Posted
What are you signed in as when doing this? IIRC you can not have an active airport as an observer, are you signed in as an OBS or to an ATC position?

Facility is set as Observer and Rating as Ground/Delivery.

That's what I thought because it's fine when I'm controlling over in Scottish, it's weird though because someone I know is observing with me and isn't having any trouble setting actives.

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

They may have tweaked the ese file to allow this, I know the EGTT file has a little tweak in it that allows you to see flightstrips etc as an observer, details on this can be found on the VATUK forums.

If it's just the metar you're after you can display it anyway though, just use F2 and write the ICAO code, hit enter and it should show.

I personally don't set METARs by active airports, on area it just clutters the screen and even on Tower you can want a regional pressure setting from some other airport (such as wanting the LL QNH when controlling LC ).

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Alexander Fath 952810
Posted
Posted

Make sure that the option "Set active APT by owned sectors"

under "Other SET" -> "General Settings" -> "Miscellaneous options"

is unchecked.