You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

A new Target Generator is coming!

Samuel Mason

Samuel Mason
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'd like to present to you a new target generator named SweatBox Trainer oriented to CTR/APP but may also facilitate Tower Training!

Pictures:

72863751.png

84015579.png

41691607.png

58571714.png

Features (That i can think of right now):

Flexible, Easy to use GUI.

Multi-Platformed (MAC, Windows, Linux)

Ability to execute commands on a command frequency.

Ability to execute commands via GUI.

Squawk Standby/Normal/Ident.

Squawk a code [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned via a radar client.

Turns (Left, Right or Fly Heading).

Ability to fly LOC, GS or ILS (independently) as well as execute visual approaches.

Ability to adjust Glide Slope Angle.

Rate of Turn (degrees per second).

Ability to fly to navaids/fixes (multiple at a time)

Ability to fly STARS/SIDS/Radials

Ability to Fly RNAV Approaches or NDB Approaches with procedural turn (Predefined)

Descents and Climbs.

Rate of Climb/Decent.

Allow the user to adjust IAS as TAS.

Rate of speed change.

Crossing restrictions.

Speed restrictions.

Ability to depart FIX/VOR/NDB or a user defined point on a certain heading/altitude.

Ability to have target transmit text on a frequency.

Ability to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign double figures on most handles i.e. heading 270.5, altitude 1000.543

Ability to fly holds (Predefined)

Ability to ASEL key or use a quick key search for fast aircraft selection.

there will be a converter tool for converting your favourite ACSim/EuroScope files to use in the program!

More details to come soon!

I was hoping it would be a nice bundle with vSTARS, but I was unable to complete it for beta test and get it processed through VATSIM staff in time, however, giving a small preview i think wont hurt.

If there are any questions pertaining to the capabilities of the program or any suggestions in features please post below.

Edited by Guest

Andrew Wolcott 814793
Posted
Posted

Image missing.

nmvx9d-2.png

Samuel Mason
Posted
Posted

sorry about that, fixed.

Dan Roistacher 1153968
Posted
Posted

It looks really nice, keep up the good work. Looking forward to using it in the future.

Gene Cao 1100087
Posted
Posted

Looking forward to it. A non-euroscope program that allows you to fly a route, awesome! (Dont have anything against euroscope except for my unwillingness to learn it)

gcsig.jpg

1100087.jpg

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted
Looking forward to it. A non-euroscope program that allows you to fly a route, awesome! (Dont have anything against euroscope except for my unwillingness to learn it)

And yet you have started using vstars with about just as much willingness not to learn that before using it. You walked right into that.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Salvatore Barcia 1055319
Posted
Posted

Awesome work, Slammin Sammy! You put a lot of hard work into this project, and I'm sure that you'll be recognized.

Salvatore Barcia - 1055319
Cross the Gulf President
Miami ARTCC C1- United States Division

Soleil Cotterell 1161945
Posted
Posted

Awesome job Sam, it's looking really good! Can't wait to try it out.

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

I will want to try this out, definitely. My suggestion would be to allow for scenarios files that are used in other programs. Euroscope and ACSim for instance which have different formats.

Where's my license?

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Samuel Mason
Posted
Posted
I will want to try this out, definitely. My suggestion would be to allow for scenarios files that are used in other programs. Euroscope and ACSim for instance which have different formats.

Where's my license?

Miguel

Ah yes, there will be a converter tool for converting your favourite ACSim/EuroScope files to use in the program!

On the other side, I am also hoping ASE can hop aboard on this.

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Key thing missing from Euroscope is to have targets automatically enter a predefined hold at the end of a STAR - until given a heading off. That would be great.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

Having seen pieces of this in action I have been waiting a while for this to come out. Let's get going and release it!!

Ira

Ira Robinson

Gene Cao 1100087
Posted
Posted

And yet you have started using vstars with about just as much willingness not to learn that before using it. You walked right into that.

Thats the truth.

gcsig.jpg

1100087.jpg

Gavin Bernard 1026637
Posted
Posted

Looks great, but will there be an ability to taxi aircraft? I hate using Euroscope for it.

ZOB EC, Mentor                         Have an event you'd like ZOB staffing for? Email [email protected]

?cid=1026637

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

I have another question pertaining to allowing two instructors to use the software at one time. Say you wanted to practice a feeder approach control position sending aircraft to a final approach controller. There would be an instructor taking commands from the feeder controller and an instructor taking commands from the final approach controller. Would it be possible for them to use this software simultaneously?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Since the software accepts commands via text radio on a command frequency, I don't see why you couldn't have one copy running with multiple instructors sending commands.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Samuel Mason
Posted
Posted
Since the software accepts commands via text radio on a command frequency, I don't see why you couldn't have one copy running with multiple instructors sending commands.

^ right here.

Looks great, but will there be an ability to taxi aircraft? I hate using Euroscope for it.

yes, I plan to make it a feature.

Samuel Mason
Posted
Posted

I've also added the ability to amend and resend flight plans. As well as grab any existing flight plans from the server for the the target.

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Other nice things to have.

- Be able to specify a runway at a specific lat/long and have a plane visually head to the runway and land, automatically (sort of a pseudo-ILS).

- Instruct VFR traffic to enter visual hold (start orbiting left/right).

- Do a go around. While in Euroscope I can always discontinue an ILS approach and have he plane climb and maintain runway heading, if I can do it with one click only (on GA) that would be great.

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Samuel Mason
Posted
Posted
Other nice things to have.

- Be able to specify a runway at a specific lat/long and have a plane visually head to the runway and land, automatically (sort of a pseudo-ILS).

- Instruct VFR traffic to enter visual hold (start orbiting left/right).

- Do a go around. While in Euroscope I can always discontinue an ILS approach and have he plane climb and maintain runway heading, if I can do it with one click only (on GA) that would be great.

Miguel

"Ability to fly LOC, GS or ILS (independently) as well as execute visual approaches.

Ability to fly holds (Predefined)"

Ultimately there will be some kind of GA command .

William Lewis
Posted
Posted

Follow traffic ahead, cleared visual app?

The above pertains to United States

37.png

Samuel Mason
Posted
Posted
Follow traffic ahead, cleared visual app?

You got it.

BTW quick update; I noticed that the cpu usage on the non native gui has been utilizing a lot of cpu, therefore I have been testing out the native windows interfacing system and it has reduced cpu usage by about 75%. Hopefully I'll be able to access all native interfacing cross platform once I'm done.

• 2 years later...
Jack Colwill 815386
Posted
Posted

Anything ever come of this?

• 6 years later...
Samuel Mason
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't like grave digging but I kind of lost all my work on this due to hardware failure (hadn't made a backup in ages). I think only a couple of people actually got their hands on this software. I worked so hard on it too! Cheers to Ross Carlson for the much appreciated help. Maybe it the future I will consider re-writing it in a new, more efficient and improved version

Edited by Samuel Mason

• 2 weeks later...
Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted
On 8/23/2020 at 12:49 PM, Samuel Mason said:

I don't like grave digging but I kind of lost all my work on this due to hardware failure (hadn't made a backup in ages). I think only a couple of people actually got their hands on this software. I worked so hard on it too! Cheers to Ross Carlson for the much appreciated help. Maybe it the future I will consider re-writing it in a new, more efficient and improved version

I know several training staffs that would be eternally grateful if you considered this!

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png