You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Resizing or Moving vSTARS to Another Monitor

Harold Rutila 974112

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

Great job on the software. I am really impressed. I do have two problems: The first is that I can't see the whole program when I run it on my laptop. My screen resolution is 1366x738. The laptop is a widescreen. Related to this issue, I am trying to move vSTARS onto my secondary monitor, which has a larger screen. Is there a way for me to do this?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Hi Ross,

Great job on the software. I am really impressed. I do have two problems: The first is that I can't see the whole program when I run it on my laptop. My screen resolution is 1366x738. The laptop is a widescreen. Related to this issue, I am trying to move vSTARS onto my secondary monitor, which has a larger screen. Is there a way for me to do this?

You'll want to take it out of full screen mode, which you can do in the settings. Then you'll have the normal Windows title bar which you can use to drag it to another monitor. You can then put it back in full screen mode if you want.

When you say you can't see the whole program, what do you mean? What's missing?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Gene Cao 1100087
Posted
Posted

How about resizing the monitor itself. I have a widescreen monitor and the range mode selector is all but cut out. All I see is the very top of the range knob.

gcsig.jpg

1100087.jpg

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted
You'll want to take it out of full screen mode, which you can do in the settings. Then you'll have the normal Windows title bar which you can use to drag it to another monitor. You can then put it back in full screen mode if you want.

Thanks, got that accomplished.

When you say you can't see the whole program, what do you mean? What's missing?

It seems to have cut off the top and bottom of my program, regardless of what monitor I use. Here's a screenshot of what I see.

vstars%20Screenshot.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
How about resizing the monitor itself. I have a widescreen monitor and the range mode selector is all but cut out. All I see is the very top of the range knob.

Then you don't have enough vertical resolution to show the full DCPs. You can just turn them off if you want. All the functions provided by the knobs and switches on the DCPs can also be accessed through the DCB or with the mouse. (You can pan/zoom the scope with the mouse just like with VRC.)

Resizing the main display is done like any other window ... just drag the borders. (Obviously you can't have it in full screen mode for this to work.)

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
It seems to have cut off the top and bottom of my program, regardless of what monitor I use. Here's a screenshot of what I see.

Yeah, you just don't have enough vertical resolution to display the DCPs. You can turn them off if you want.

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Okay. I had to set my 19" monitor to a 1280x1024 resolution to fit all the knobs. This works perfectly. Thanks!