You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATIS?

Steven Caffey

Steven Caffey
Posted
Posted

Unless I'm missing something in the docs, am I correct that there is no way to make an ATIS? Is this something that is planned for the future? I know real STARS can't do this, since that's handled in the Tower, but APP is often on with nobody below.

Steven Caffey (SY) ZLA Controller

"A mile of highway gets you one mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere."

1099774.png

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

Yeah, no ATIS creation. Ross mentioned it somewhere..

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No voice ATIS, if that's what you mean. You can still do text ATIS in the settings.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Steven Caffey
Posted
Posted
No voice ATIS, if that's what you mean. You can still do text ATIS in the settings.

Yeah, that's what I meant. For the text ATIS it's just the controller info, right? Not the airport ATIS on a discrete frequency?

Steven Caffey (SY) ZLA Controller

"A mile of highway gets you one mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere."

1099774.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
For the text ATIS it's just the controller info, right? Not the airport ATIS on a discrete frequency?

Correct.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Gary Frothingham 811699
Posted
Posted
For the text ATIS it's just the controller info, right? Not the airport ATIS on a discrete frequency?

Correct.

According to Appendix A,, I take it, more than just the regular Control name, etc..,that Variables and Functions can be added to controller info section that would show tuned-in pilots local metar info.

Gary Frothingham

vZAN ARTCC controller