You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unauthorized Client

Gene Cao 1100087

Gene Cao 1100087
Posted
Posted

Today, when logging on to observe, I got booted from the network because of "Unauthorized client".

It did not happen again today so not sure if it was a one time error or if VATSIM does not recognize vSTARS yet. Just bringing to attention.

gcsig.jpg

1100087.jpg

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

happens every now and then. server side if i remember right

Andrew Eakin 1059903
Posted
Posted

That's definitely server-side. Try switching the server you are connected to.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Today, when logging on to observe, I got booted from the network because of "Unauthorized client".

It did not happen again today so not sure if it was a one time error or if VATSIM does not recognize vSTARS yet. Just bringing to attention.

If you get this error consistently on one server, it could mean that that particular server doesn't have vSTARS in its authorized client list. Please let me know if that's the case so that I can p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] it on to the server admins.

Normally, this error indicates that there has been an intermittent issue with either the server's connection or your internet connection, causing the client authentication to fail and/or timeout.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC