You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

British Airways Virtual - can we say thank you?

Lee James

Lee James
Posted
Posted

Hello there,

Not sure quite where to post this publically since we cannot get into the ZMA forum - but I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to VATSIM Miami for the sterling job they did in getting us all away last night! We had over 40 flights out of KMIA headed north and east towards the UK on our OverNighter 9 Miami Getaway Event.

Pretty much all of us made it back to the UK, landing around 5:00am UK time where VATSIM UK turned out for us early this morning to bring us all home.

Can I specifically mention Daniel Channani and Bob Carmona, the former who was the first Controller to log on for us and Bob who made the event public over in the ZMA forums where I could not register.

Thank you both and all of the VATSIM USA staff here who helped.

Kind regards,

Lee James

Senior Captain

Event Organiser &

Director on the Board

British Airways Virtual

Lee James

Senior Captain

British Airways Virtual

Pilot of

SPEEDBIRD 9 DELTA VICTOR (BAW9DV)

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Great job Miami!

On another note, great job, Lee, for keeping this overnighter events alive and kicking. I checked VATSpy last night and sure did saw a lot of blips in Gander all headed to Heathrow. While the controlling community appreciate this kind of traffic, I'd like to personally commend you and your VA for the dedication and active participation from the pilot side. It certainly doesn't go unnoticed.

Cheers!

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Davor Kusec 990407
Posted
Posted

I noticed you guys too! Glad there was a turnout on both ends

Davor Kusec

Air Traffic Director | Northeast Region VATUSA

Supervisor | VATSIM

990407.jpg

Lee James
Posted
Posted

Romano,

....... On another note, great job, Lee, for keeping this overnighter events alive and kicking. I checked VATSpy last night and sure did saw a lot of blips in Gander all headed to Heathrow. While the controlling community appreciate this kind of traffic, I'd like to personally commend you and your VA for the dedication and active participation from the pilot side. It certainly doesn't go unnoticed.Cheers!

Thanks for that - I really appreciate the sentiment. It started about 3 years ago when I did a long haul, real time night flight out of Heathrow to Hong Kong. Logged on to VATSIM for the flight and suddenly found 6 other flights behind me. By the time I was south of Arabia, this had spread to 10 flights!

Out of the 10, I believe 7 made it in with the rest getting lost along the way somewhere or ending up asleep!

OVN 10 is a special for us and will take place on VATSIM again at the mid to end of May this year.

Thanks again,

Lee

Lee James

Senior Captain

British Airways Virtual

Pilot of

SPEEDBIRD 9 DELTA VICTOR (BAW9DV)