You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Newark Live! From the New York ARTCC 2012 Convention

Alex Evins 976213

Alex Evins 976213
Posted
Posted (edited)

NewarkLive.png

Newark Live at the New York ARTCC 2012 Convention!

Join New York ARTCC for its annual live event and a chance to win a multitude of prizes!

50 of ZNY's finest controllers will be gathered in Newark, NJ for their annual gathering. From there, they will fully staff ZNY to put on a large scale event featuring Newark Liberty International Airport (KEWR). Demonstrating their fine skills and techniques, the controllers of New York ARTCC will provide top notch air traffic services to VATSIM pilots. Our controllers are extected to have a great time serving our loyal pilots and visitors. Pilots are guaranteed to have fun on what will be a very busy day in New York!

Winners will receive special prizes from the New York ARTCC and our sponsors. Get ready for a fun day of flying with some of the best controllers on VATSIM!

To register today or to find pilot information visit http://2012.nyartcc.org/!

Registration is CLOSED!

Follow us on Twitter @NYARTCC2012!

Edited by Guest

Alex Evins

Senior Controller, New York ARTCC

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

one of my favorite airports. i wont say the same about the city, lived there for over 20 years, way too long

if you guys get some time, i would highly recommend heading down to downtown (not far from EWR if thats near where you guys will be) and getting tickets at the performing arts center (NJPAC). good shows. well from what i remember anyway, moved in 2006. used to work Valet at the PAC before moving. make sure to check their website for what shows may be available. theirs Hockey and Baseball now in newark too, i wasnt a big fan but they have it now too

improving slowly but surely

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted
:D

one of my favorite airports. i wont say the same about the city, lived there for over 20 years, way too long

if you guys get some time, i would highly recommend heading down to downtown (not far from EWR if thats near where you guys will be) and getting tickets at the performing arts center (NJPAC). good shows. well from what i remember anyway, moved in 2006. used to work Valet at the PAC before moving. make sure to check their website for what shows may be available. theirs Hockey and Baseball now in newark too, i wasnt a big fan but they have it now too

improving slowly but surely

And you think we don't know about Devils games at The Rock!

HA HA HA!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try it on my own time possibly.

Current occasional pilot

Former New York ARTCC Level 5 Approach Controller | Former Jacksonville ARTCC and vatUK SE/EGLL RTS Visitor

• 2 weeks later...
Alex Evins 976213
Posted
Posted

We have reached capacity. Registration is now closed.

Alex Evins

Alex Evins 976213
Posted
Posted

Please note that despite what is displayed on the VATSIM homepage, the Newark Live event is on Saturday, February 18th.

Alex Evins

Alex Evins 976213
Posted
Posted

Today's the day!

Alex Evins