You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

echo when using PTT

Sebastien Martin 1195201

Sebastien Martin 1195201
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

Just had my first mentored session on the network as LFML_GND yesterday.

It went alright, sauf for a little echo problem.Whenever I use my PTT touch, I can hear myself with a delay of one second (quite loud too) which makes it quite hard not to mess up clearances.

I do not have this problem with Squawkbox, skype or even with the unicom calls on Euroscope (tried it yesterday).

Searched this very forum for solutions, and I apologize if that was already answered. Any advice would be appreciated. Please find enclosed a screenshot of my hardware configuration (I opened the last tab so that you can see the choices offered to me).

Thank a lot

euroscopeconfig.png

Think the image could be to big to properly display, please check http://imageshack.us/f/214/euroscopeconfig.png/

Sebastien Martin 1195201
Posted
Posted

Oh and I had to connect/disconnect a few times at the beginning of the session to solve some problems coming with using Euroscope for the first time, could that be a likely cause ?

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

You're probably not setting up the voice channel properly or audio configs in Windows.

1) You should have a voice frequency listed as LFML_GND, with it's frequency, a voice server and the channel "lfml_gnd", lowercase.

When being mentored you should connect as LFML_T_GND and then Euroscope does not recognize the name on the frequency list so it pops up the voice selection dialog. You then click on all the checkboxes to the right of LFML_GND except for ATIS.

2) As for your audio system, make sure you have Microphone in Windows Playback properties MUTED. The microphone only needs to be activated in the Recording properties.

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Sebastien Martin 1195201
Posted
Posted

Miguel,

I took the screenshot while offline this morning to show how the sound was mapped (input/output) in Euroscope, and thus was not connect to my position.

I will check my windows configuration now, but I'd [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that if squawkbox is working correctly when I fly the problem is not on this end.

Thanks a lot for your advice

Sébastien

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Ah, I can't see the image since I'm behind a content blocker. If you're using Vista/Win 7 then you might need to adjust the properties per program and not just the generic configuration.

Let me know how it goes later.

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Sebastien,

Be sure to uncheck the "Connect mike to playback device" chanck box at the voice communication setup dialog.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted

If all else fails try switching to another server and try it again. This has happened to me a couple time in the past...also had echo from the pilots too.

Sebastien Martin 1195201
Posted
Posted

working now finally, thanks everybody for the help!