You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Facility File Locations

Kyle Rodgers 910155

Kyle Rodgers 910155
Posted
Posted

Any chance someone can point me to the raw facility file locations? I understand we're no longer using the sector format (thankfully), but is there a location these facilities are stored?

I know I can import/export the GZ files through vSTARS, but as I manage most of my ARTCC's data through a database, I was thinking of exporting the data in the proper format right from the database. As it stands now, I'm going to have to develop each facility through vSTARS, but if I can dump the data out of the database properly, I could just release them straight from there.

I've been able to find the directory for vidmaps, and so on, but are the facilities stored in an accessible, unzipped location (that you don't mind sharing)?

Kyle Rodgers

The content of this post, unless expressly written, refers only to those procedures in the United States of America,

following the Federal Aviation Administration Regulations thereof.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

All facility data is stored in the vSTARSConfig.xml file in the appdata folder.

What data are you trying to generate yourself? (Which parts of the facility config?)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Kyle Rodgers 910155
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks!

Center locations, radar site locations (and their [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated elev, range, etc), airport locations, frequencies and so on.

EDIT:

To be more specific, in order to work with VRC and GVCCS a little more efficiently, I created a database. In there, I have some queries that will pull together various data sets for import into the files, and a very rudimentary DAT->SCT p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]r. What I'm wanting to accomplish by looking at the Facility XML is have the database dump the data out in the proper formatting. That way, I can tell it *for ROA, I want the RDVS to have one override, one ICom, and one monitor for West, East, Alternate, Local, and LYH Local* and it'll just dump it out so I don't have to set each facility up by opening the program and manually copying the data over.

Edited by Guest

Kyle Rodgers

The content of this post, unless expressly written, refers only to those procedures in the United States of America,

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Gotcha ... make a few backups of the file before you try to generate it yourself! (And of course, you void your warranty and support contract by editing the XML directly. )

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Kyle Rodgers 910155
Posted
Posted

Luckily, I've learned my lesson long ago about not keeping backups (and backups of backups) when I was managing our Sector files. Oops...

Thanks again!

Kyle Rodgers