You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

Mentoring-Booking System

Apostolos Damkalis

Apostolos Damkalis
Posted
Posted

I was wondering whether there is a web-based system , something like a calandar that allows trainees to request training on a specific date and time and then allows instructors to confirm such a booking. And then it would display the trainign schedule for the week or month. Is there anything like that already implemented or any ideas of how to implement that?

Apostolos Damkalis

Apostolos Damkalis

VATSIM Supervisor Team Leader

Regional Conflict Resolution Panel Chairman,Europe

Abk76lz.png

Sava  Markovic 1109329
Posted
Posted

There was something like this And I asked the developer to share it but it didn't work out in the end.

I will look into this further when I get home as I really need it again...

Sava Markovic

SCGvACC Events Coordinator

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

AirCharts provides a training scheduling system designed for ATC use. It's an AirCharts hosted solution though, so it would not be possible for you to run it locally. Currently it is being used by HCF, ZJX, and ZMP and will shortly be used by ZOB and ZHU. It allows staff members to create a list of trainable positions and checklists [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated to those positions. Students request training, a mentor/instructor can schedule a session within that request. At the end, the mentor/instructor can click on the training block and mark it completed and enter a training summary for the session. This is added to the student's record. The student's record is visible to any ARTCC/FIR that uses the training system and has that controller on their roster (it's to help communicate where the student is/was on their training if they transfer or begin visiting controlling somewhere).

It also allows for the inclusion of examinations and a "power point" like training system.

It should be feasible for use by VAs as well, but I haven't tested for it. The ratings it knows, uses and understands are VATSIM controller ratings.

If you have any more questions, you can reach me by pm or by email daniel at aircharts.org.

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

We use Google's Calendar in order to see each other's availability. That might be interesting as well.

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Adam Trzcinski
Posted
Posted

We have a MySQL based script for that too. I am willing to share it.

VATSIM Germany

www.ftw-sim.de | Fly-The-World economic simulation

Wygene Chong 1089621
Posted
Posted

Sounds like the VATSIM-UK RTS System?

Wygene Chong

C1 Controller | Iceland | Greenland | Faroe Islands

VATSIM Scandinavia

Apostolos Damkalis
Posted
Posted

Yeap!

Apostolos Damkalis

VATSIM Supervisor Team Leader

Regional Conflict Resolution Panel Chairman,Europe

Abk76lz.png

Harry Williams 1141715
Posted
Posted
Sounds like the VATSIM-UK RTS System?

Jeepers! Thats my cue..

The RTS system is very much an integral part of the VATUK schema, only available to those who absail over Niagra falls whilst singing "t Will Rain".

In all seriousness though, get in-touch ([email protected]) Apostolos! I'm sure I can talk you out of using it.

Harry Williams VATUK9,

VATSIM-UK Web Services Manager

Cross the Pond Planning Team Member (Web Monkey)