You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Somali Airlines Virtual

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm busy with setting up my VA however im totally new to this environment i have been into Scenery development and made Mogadishu realistically and now the only

thing left is to create Somali Airlines VA flying from Mogadishu to the rest of the world...

I'm already active flying throughout the world with my PMDG MD-11F from Malaysia to Brazil...just flying cargo not yet P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers with D-level 767.

But my worry is that this VA would only exist out of one person which is me only and the long search for repainters is a tough job i haven't yet suceeded in..

1. So my question is what VA management program is the best for one person VA I personally thought of VAFS but it costs money and im the only one..

2. What can i do to get painters because i have tried my best and they either agree to do so but then never reply back...

Best Regards,

Ramadan

Sava  Markovic 1109329
Posted
Posted

1. phpVMS for sure

2. You can check the phpVMS forums, I noticed some of the guys over there are doing free repaints. In the end, you can try and make them yourself.

Sava Markovic

SCGvACC Events Coordinator

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

Hi Sava,

Thank you very much for your quick reply I will check them out

hehe i know those forum requests i have done quiet some and they usually don't reply the repaint im after is not interesting to many...

Are you familiar with repaints ?

Could you be partners with VA's who are running VAFS if you run phpVMS ?

Thanks

Ramadan

Semir Gebran
Posted
Posted

It's a problem to repaint if the person repainting does not own the particular model of the aircraft. "Debugging" a texture so that it looks right can be a long and painful process even if you have that model, and if not it's even worse

/Semir

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

Hey Semir,

True i agree that is why i ask repainters whether they own similar type before proceeding repainting...

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted
1. phpVMS for sure

2. You can check the phpVMS forums, I noticed some of the guys over there are doing free repaints. In the end, you can try and make them yourself.

+1

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

I am running Golden Ghana Virtual Airlines also via phpVMS. The community is great, there are many add ons available for free - just remember to give credit to the author on the homepage. I also rent the server from the phpVMS guy (I don't name the company to not do any advertisement for a commercial product here in the forum, but you will easily find out). The advantage is that phpVMS is already preinstalled on the server, and all server settings are comatible with phpVMS which makes it a lot easier.

Concerning the repaints: You probably won't like the answer, but I also believe the only option is to learn it. It's difficult to open a VA when you have to rely on external people to help you with the fundamental things, as you always will have to wait till you found someone to do the work for you. I'd like to encourage you to try again with the repaints - there are a lot of tutorials out there, and if you are doing it for your own VA, it will be fun and give you a good feeling once it is finished.

And finally: You have the advantage that you a simulating a real world airline, so you may be able to use real pictures for the repaints. This makes it even more easy, I think.

Good luck, mate, happy to see this area becoming more active!

Alex

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

Hi Alexander

Yes i agree that is the only option left to study how to repaint it shouldn't be that hard after making the scenery...hehe

and yes it must be fun..Yes finally the area of Horn of Africa is active...

I never knew you were running a VA we should team up as soon as my VA is running and up..

Best Regards,

Ramadan

Semir Gebran
Posted
Posted

There's free software that can help you with the creation of your livery. I use GIMP for the livery itself, Inkscape for the logos also DXTBmp.

All free to download, the barrier is only your stubborness

/Semir

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the tip Semir

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted