You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC freezing

Alex Melia 950075

Alex Melia 950075
Posted
Posted

VRC will freeze and lock up within 5 minutes. It usually happens around the three minute mark. Just for no reason everything will stop, go white, and give me the standard Windows "close program" button. Its really frustrating. I've reinstalled, tried running as admin, and disabled Avast and nothing happens. Somehow I got it to run this morning. Kept locking over and over but one time it kept working for an hour. I just installed new video drivers to no luck. Ive also tried running in legacy mode to Windows XP/Vista.

Windows 7

Intel Core2 Quad processor

4GB DDR3 RAM

1024MB DDR2 HD Radeon 4350

Alex Melia 950075
Posted
Posted

BUMP PLZ

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted

try un-installing the program, re-download VRC from the website, and see what happens then (start fresh and delete your VRC folder as well)

Alex Melia 950075
Posted
Posted
try un-installing the program, re-download VRC from the website, and see what happens then (start fresh and delete your VRC folder as well)

already did/ nothing..

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

is there anything listed in your event manager regarding the reason for the closure or another app or driver messing up in that time span?

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Alex Melia 950075
Posted
Posted
is there anything listed in your event manager regarding the reason for the closure or another app or driver messing up in that time span?

can you tell me how to view this event manager? nothing pops up telling me something crashed. it just locks up, goes white and tells me it needs to close.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

go to your desktop control panel. then Administrative Tools. then Event Viewer. itll be under program errors