You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

windows 7 64bit+payware add on+ vatsim=freezing then crashin

Sean Averre 1138957

Sean Averre 1138957
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,(might not be an appropriate place to post but we`ll see)

Just to sum things up, this is one problem I have been experiencing ever since I have started heavily using vatsim. I use paywares like the PMDG NGX, 747 etc and vatsim which has caused freezing and then "windows trying to find a solution" then CTD and a program restart. This has been particularly painful with the fact that its during my VA flights and the PIREPS getting rejected. Any help? My settings are adjusted to the lowest realistic setting, doing better but nothing great. Yesturday I had done that fsx uiautomationcore.dll to uiautomationcore.dll.old thing, it was good I flew two flights- posky a330 two hours reasonable traffic, PMDG NGX 1 hour, good traffic and then without restarting done another route in the game and near the end it with good traffic again it froze, CTD and program restarted. My current specs are,

windows 7 64bit intel core 2 quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHz 2.39GHz RAM 3327

I was going to get 6GB ram (4+2) but since its the older edition it was much more expensive.

I posted this on avsim and since it occurs while using vatsim they recommended me to come here. Here is a list of things I would do and some I have done

1) anti virus and disabling them while using fsx

2) disabling java and adobe while running fsx

3) dust removal from machine (don`t know how to do it efficiently)

4) removing lots of other programs-done, kinda helped

5) even more setting reductions-done, kinda helped

6) disable auto update while using fsx-done, kinda helped

Ive also done the uiautomationcore.dll to uiautomationcore.dll.old and it also kind of helped. But it was not enough. So far if I leave the right click in fsx and other views nothing happens (using PMDG NGX) but on some occasions it does (only with PMDG 747) Here also for more information is the event viewer detail,

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: sim1.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0006df64

Faulting process id: 0xd84

Faulting application start time: 0x01cce3eca2401180

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\sim1.dll

Report Id: afd25d9c-4ff2-11e1-ab46-001e903b7c82

They told me it was a sim1.dll file and Ive read about the 0xc0000005 being a memory access violation

I would really appreciate lots of useful help, especially the Memory Access Violation cause I think that might be causing it all

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

is FSX running as admin?

another thing i hear gets rid of those errors is if you install flightsim outside of the program files folder

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Make sure you reinstall dotnet 4 from microsoft.

I had an issue whereby the same thing was happening after loading new aerosoft scenery or aircraft, I would have to repair dotnet 4 each time.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Sean Averre 1138957
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info! I do run FSX as an admin, I actually have the security system disabled so FSINN runs perfectly. What is the dot net 4 btw?

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

dotnet 4 is a Microsoft application a lot of thrid party addons use it. Go to Microsoft website and download it its not very big and of course its free.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Sean Averre 1138957
Posted
Posted

What about the access violation? I'm sure that might be one of the problems

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Sean,

I've been having same problems. It is extremely frustrating. I have noticed that sometime it takes two goes to get the .net installer to say there is nothing wrong with the current install. It may be related who knows.

I did manage my first complete flight two days ago, even though it was only 1.5 hrs. I did get to land and taxi.

The only thing I did different was to load up the default Cessna and then choose the plane I wanted to fly after that defaul loaded. I'm going to test it again tonight.

If you get a fix please let me know.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Sean Averre 1138957
Posted
Posted

Thanks Sean (HEY SAME NAME )

In recent days after the uiaautomationcore.dll fix it has been working fairly well, have you done that fix yet? If not I strongly suggest that. Also before anything else worked I would try not right clicking in fsx while lots and lots of other traffic are around and don`t change views. Thats what I learnt last saturday and my PC pulled through some really heavy traffic (a little bit laggy though but got better)

Also what is your specs? Best to know from a person having similar problems

Sean Averre 1138957
Posted
Posted

my computer is starting to act up again, couldn`t do the EDDM event last night with the 737NGX and it crashed at EGLL on final with the NGX

This time Im removing adobe

Sean Averre 1138957
Posted
Posted

Im back with the idea of upgrading some hardware, just downloaded cpu-z and will give you guys the detailed info tomorrow and would appreciate some upgrading advice

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Sean, I've now managed four flights in a row without a CTD.

Things I'm doing different since the CTDs,

1. Re-installing/Repairing .net four,

2. Loading up with the Default Cessna at an airport, then selecting the aircraft I want to fly.

These are the only two things I know that I am doing different, and as I said four flights in a row successful.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Sean Averre 1138957
Posted
Posted

I forgot the dot net 4 but are you running fsx? Im not sure how the cessna thing works...

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Basically you load up the Cessna first or even leave it as your default aircraft, and that will reset the sim engine so you could use a more complex addon. Still it's another work around that should be solved by the addon maker, not the user. My understanding is PMDG does the sim engine reset while you wait for the countdown clock.

Sean Averre 1138957
Posted
Posted

So when I use the PMDG NGX or 747 (which is the only add ons I own) there is no need to load up a cessna

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

That is what PMDG claim. It could very well be true. However I now always start in the default Cessna, wait 5 minutes, and then load the aircraft I wish to fly.

Yes, I'm FSX, W7 64. It a new machine, so I was extremely surprised when I had these CTDs, but relieved to find that it was FSX not my specs.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

My work around is this.. Select your aircraft, select your airport, save the flight as the "default on startup", and then relaunch the sim altogether. A restart won't take nearly as long as running it for the first time, as a lot of the system prep work has already been done by the first run. The problem with just switching aircrafts is that it doesn't address the preload of the airport. Though I beleive you can disable preload for scenery altogether.

Sean Averre 1138957
Posted
Posted

My motherboard is an Acer G33T-AM

can that handle and intel i7 or i5?