You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Atlantic Overload

Jeremy Dawson 944191

Jeremy Dawson 944191
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys

I want to post my event on the calender, as instructed by Chris Renne. However i do not hold a VATUSA p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, so i can not post on the calender. it appears the only way to do it is to change my region to North America, although you appear to be very good it is not a good idea to do this. Any help?

Thanks, if you wan't to know about the event or book a slot email me at [email protected]

Jeremy

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted
Hi Guys

I want to post my event on the calender, as instructed by Chris Renne. However i do not hold a VATUSA p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, so i can not post on the calender. it appears the only way to do it is to change my region to North America, although you appear to be very good it is not a good idea to do this. Any help?

Thanks, if you wan't to know about the event or book a slot email me at [email protected]

Jeremy

Did you try contacting the VATUSA Events director?

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry, but I must speak my mind; Jeremy, this is easily the third seperate topic on the event, yet you never seem to reply to anyones responses in your other threads; and they are valid questions.

In this one, I asked how many pilots were guaranteed so far. The Gander/Shanwick Radio coverage is another issue, but is not at the top of my list. Perhaps if you went back to your topics instead of seemingly forgetting about them, and answering some of the question, you'd get more interest sparked.

Matt

Jeremy Dawson 944191
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys

I did send you an email and spoke to VATCAN with the numbers , sorry for any trouble. They said Moncton will hopefully be staffed and one person on oceanic. I also PM'd you because i remember you saying your email adresses were a bit messed up at the moment.

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

Jeremy, you aren't able to PM on the VATSIM forums...

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted
Hi Guys

I did send you an email and spoke to VATCAN with the numbers , sorry for any trouble. They said Moncton will hopefully be staffed and one person on oceanic. I also PM'd you because i remember you saying your email adresses were a bit messed up at the moment.

Jeremy, I'm the guy you spoke to, at Moncton, not saying Moncton would be on. Nor had I said anyone would be on Oceanic.

Jeremy Dawson 944191
Posted
Posted

Hi Could could you email me please, so we can talk about it because, i dont seem to be able to get through on your email address. Thanks [email protected]

Richard Green 810012
Posted
Posted

Jermey -

For the last time....

This event is not going to happen. I have emailed you many times without a reply. You can't expect an event like this without doing the legwork.

There will be a Cross the Pond before April so you can fly then with a lot of people.

Lets let VATSIM-UK finish reworking their Shanwick procedures....

Richard Green

VATSIM Supervisor

SB Testing & Support Team

VRC Testing & Support Team

Jeremy Dawson 944191
Posted
Posted

Richard i have emailed you also, do you have an alternate address, this is really frustrating for me, i cant imagine what it is like for you. Try emailing now 1831z? If you could post an alternate email address or send it to me via PM

Thanks

Jeremy

Richard Green 810012
Posted
Posted

[email protected] gets me email just fine....

And since you haven't responded to my emails I will reply here.

Jeremy let me save you some headache.

This event is dead. Caput. Finished. You can't expect every region to provide everything without any idea of traffic volume, times etc.

You can plan something in the future, or become the event person for an airport you control at ( I see you are a student )

But you will need to wait for the next "cross the pond."

VATSIM-UK, VATCAN and VATUSA can't do the legwork for you.

Richard Green

VATSIM Supervisor

Jeremy Dawson 944191
Posted
Posted

Ok Richard, i did email you numbers on the 18th, thanks for being nice, is there anyway we get JFk because i have 30 slots leaving the UK from 1000z, or shall i tell them it's off and inform them off future Atlantic events? Then i also feel guilty because EGKK has organised a mentoring day around this. I hope you accept my apology for the break down in comunication, i have emailed you tonight. Have you recieved?

Thanks

Jeremy

Richard Green 810012
Posted
Posted

Jeremy -

I can't tell people to staff, nor can I make them not staff.

It is up to each ARTCC/FIR as to staff or not.

It is as I understand it however not looking good since USA and UK aren't recognizing this event I doubt you will see much ( other than the usual ) ATC.

Again, I am sorry but when you try to plan an event, you need to have a bit more homework done before hand.

It takes months to plan an event of this size and coordinate with the required people.

You tried to do this on your own inside of 5 weeks with no coordination betwwen people, other than your emails ( which I still have never gotten ).

Events of this scale are usually handled at the Divisional level and unless sponsored by a major VA ( BAW, etc ) are usually not approved. To ask people to staff without any prospects of pilot numbers is inconsiderate.

Richard Green

VATSIM Supervisor

Jeremy Dawson 944191
Posted
Posted

Richard

Ok well once again thanks for all your help, i wonder why i can't email you? when do you need to know whether i have told pilots not to fly or not. Although this event has been a bit of a failure because i jumped in the deep end of the atlantic lol, I feel i have learnt a years worth of information and skills within amonth. Thnaks to all you guys and if any of you would like to take me under your wing, email me at [email protected]. If it works!!!!

Thanks have a good year

Jeremy

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

AOL has gone over the top with their "spam" blocking - to the point that certain key words will prevent an email from ever going through, whether into or out of an AOL account. Frankly, I'm not surprised your emails aren't going through after some recent blocks we saw put on with my company.

I'd recommend for any "important" emails that you need to have sent, you use a free email account or choose an ISP that cares more about customer service.

John Binner
Posted
Posted

GMAIL

John Binner,

System Specs:

MB: ASUS M5A99FX

CPU: AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 125W AM3+ Eight-Core 4.0GHz

Video: Nvdia 970

Memory: 16GB DDR3

Win10 Pro 64-Bit

P3D v4, PMDG, ActiveSky, GEX, etc.

Neil Dewson-Smyth 813906
Posted
Posted

VATSIM-UK have withdrawn support for this event.

The reasons are many and do not need elaboration on here. All VATSIM staff concerned and the organiser have been emailed with my reasons.

I apologise for any disappointment engendered.

Neil Dewson-Smyth

VATSIM Europe RCRP Lead

vatsim[at]d-s.demon.co.uk

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah, any AOL users, get rid of it now! It's useless, nobody can email you (although, you will think you are receiving email just fine). You just never know what email isn't getting though. I have a new staff member who uses an AOL account. I can't even forward email to it, I can't contact him from certain email addresses, it's a mess!

AOL is working real hard at going out of business fast!

Edited by Guest

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

Moncton Domestic, Gander Domestic, and Gander Oceanic is not involved in this event in any way, and we will remain that way.

Jeremy Dawson 944191
Posted
Posted

Dear Pilots

I regret to inform you that Atlantic Overload has now been cancelled, the event was meant to take place from 0900z on the 28th January 2006.

I have now seen first hand how much work goes into such an event and blindly ran it thinking I could attain success. It's only as time has progressed I that have realised how difficult such a thing was to achieve as an individual.

I therefore fully understand and support the action taken by VATSIM-UK and apologise to those pilots who may have had high hopes for the event. I will now be looking at ways to learn more about events and then try again at a later date armed with more information and have the backing of a VA or a VATSIM division behind me. Just to let you know, traffic is needed at EGKK from 1000z as there mentoring session was organised around the event. I would also like to make friends as it were with the some of the people I have had heated discussion with over the past month.

Thanks

Jeremy Dawson

[email protected] is staying online, so if you would like submit any suggestions for future events. All comments are welcome.

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Or at least you could send comments to that address if AOL hasn't decided to arbitrarily black list words you are attempting to use in your email.

• 3 weeks later...
Marvin Thompson 810254
Posted
Posted
GMAIL

John Binner gee, thanks

Marv