You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Non-DP Scratchpad Entries

Harold Rutila 974112

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Currently, vSTARS inputs the three-letter VOR code for each of the transitions on Denver International's DPs. Occasionally, we have aircraft who cannot accept a DP and need vectors to that VOR instead of flying the transition. How can controllers easily distinguish between someone on the DVC (Dove Creek) transition and someone who needs radar vectors to DVC (Dove Creek)?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I would just use the option that shows the abbreviated flight plan when you initiate control on a track.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

That or do a 4 letter scratch entry.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted
I would just use the option that shows the abbreviated flight plan when you initiate control on a track.

After searching both the vSTARS Controller Guide and the Command Reference for "Abbreviated" and "Flight Plan", I can only see an option for creating an abbreviated flight plan. Where is the information for setting up the option you recommend?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I used the wrong term ... it's the "digest" flight plan. It's a checkbox on the first tab of the settings window.

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Thanks for answering these posts, Ross. I appreciate it!

Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted
I used the wrong term ... it's the "digest" flight plan. It's a checkbox on the first tab of the settings window.

It has been mentioned in our ARTCC forums that this doesn't work using the "Auto-Track" feature. Is there a work around for this?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It has been mentioned in our ARTCC forums that this doesn't work using the "Auto-Track" feature. Is there a work around for this?

It does work for auto tracked targets, but only if nothing is in the preview/readout area at the time the track is started. I did that on purpose so that the automatic digest flight plan wouldn't wipe out something you were typing or trying to read.