You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How to activate Vatsim in FSX ????

Matthew Allen 1219054

Matthew Allen 1219054
Posted
Posted

Hello . my name is matthew i am currently a pilot for Thomson virtual airline . and when i am doing flights i find it too hard to fly with out ATC so thomson suggested Vatsim . so i joined Vatsim and now i have no idea how to activate it .

P.S. if it is any help i am running FSX on windows vista and everything else e.g. processors is ok

if you have any answers or tips then please email me at

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

and please hurry as my next flight is in 14 hours

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to VATSIM.

To connect to VATSIM you need to use either Squawkbox 4 or FSINN (http://www.vatsim.net/pilots/pilotsclients/) using FSX, you can't connect using the FSX multiplayer software. You will find useful information in the Pilot Resource Center and can contact an ATO for basic training and obtain your P1 rating if you wish (you don't need a P1 rating to connect though).

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Greetings, Matthew, and welcome to VATSIM.

i am currently a pilot for Thomson virtual airline . and when i am doing flights i find it too hard to fly with out ATC so thomson suggested Vatsim . so i joined Vatsim and now i have no idea how to activate it .
Which tells you all you need to know about that VA.
if you have any answers or tips then please email me … and please hurry as my next flight is in 14 hours
You have that wrong. What you have to learn is more important than your next flight. And you have as LOT to learn. That will take more than 14 hours, sorry. Start with the PRC:

htp://http://www.vatsim.net/prc/

And please don't expect folks to drop everything to feed you with what you need for your next sortie. You have to be self-supporting here, and that's obviously particularly important if you make a bad choice of VA. Sure, you'll get help here. but don't expect to be spoon-fed within the timescale you have specified.

And actually you absolutely should NOT be in a VA if you can't fly without ATC or understand how to connect to VATSIM.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Tony Forrest 900418
Posted
Posted
Greetings, Matthew, and welcome to VATSIM.
i am currently a pilot for Thomson virtual airline . and when i am doing flights i find it too hard to fly with out ATC so thomson suggested Vatsim . so i joined Vatsim and now i have no idea how to activate it .
Which tells you all you need to know about that VA.
if you have any answers or tips then please email me … and please hurry as my next flight is in 14 hours
You have that wrong. What you have to learn is more important than your next flight. And you have as LOT to learn. That will take more than 14 hours' date=' sorry. Start with the PRC:

htp://http://www.vatsim.net/prc/

And please don't expect folks to drop everything to feed you with what you need for your next sortie. You have to be self-supporting here, and that's obviously particularly important if you make a bad choice of VA. Sure, you'll get help here. but don't expect to be spoon-fed within the timescale you have specified.

And actually you absolutely should NOT be in a VA if you can't fly without ATC or understand how to connect to VATSIM.[/quote']

How to upset someone and lose a valuable member Alistair.

It is really not good etiquette to lambaste a pilot or his VA in this way. Constructive criticism is fine, but please do not destroy a new pilots hopes and aspirations.

Matthew,

Alistair has suggested that you pop into the PRC, I won't repeat the URL. It will certainly [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist you in your connections and how VATSIM operates.

If you still have problems from there, please call a VATSIM Supervisor, who will be only too glad to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist you, or if it is quiet, you can also request [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance from an on duty controller.

You can also use this forum again if there is anything else bothering you.

Enjoy your new hobby - Blue skies.

Tony Forrest

Network Supervisor

Training Director - Noble Air

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Hub Captain - Noble Air Christchurch

http://nobleair.net

sig4-1-1.gif

LMjpeg_zps1946e166.jpg

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Sorry Matthew, and Tony. You are right. I was really disappointed that Matthew's VA didn't seem to help much, and as an ex-member of that VA I met a similar apparent disinterest myself, which is why I went ballistic. Sorry again.

Regarding my response to Matthew's imposed time limit, I could have been kinder in delivering an important message!

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Dave James 1018738
Posted
Posted

Matthew,

Welcome to Vatsim.

For your information, Vatsim UK now have a pilot training system up and running for the P1 basic level (Vatsim Pilot Rating 1). This will Im sure be of interest to you.

Have a look-in here when you have some free time, and Happy Flying

http://www.vatsim-uk.co.uk/website/pilot-training/

Best Regards

David

David James

VATSIM Screenshot Contest Coordinator

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4gig, RAM 3.25gig, ATI Radeon HD4800, XP Pro SP3, FS9.1 FSnav FSinn VRC

EXS_3.jpg