You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC - TeamsSpeak3 Audio Device Setup

Kevin Rush 1212482

Kevin Rush 1212482
Posted
Posted

Just switched from Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and working out the bugs.

I have, in the past had TeamSpeak issues that seem to have followed me to the new OS. With the 64bit OS I am using the 64bit TeamSpeak. Every so often, it locks up, or the mic stays open, can't see who's talking, then it seems to work itself out or more often the case have to logoff then back on.

I am wondering if I potentially have a conflict with the VRC sound device setup.

1. Do I want the same audio device setup on TeamSpeak that I have with VRC? ie. DirectSound on VRC, DirectSound on TeamSpeak or do I want to have one running DirectSound and the other running Wave?

2. Who else is having TeamSpeak issues? Is there something else at fault that I am not aware of?

I'd rather fly airplanes but, I have to work for a living - Ol'Kev

zfwartcc2.jpg

ZFW ARTCC

Steven Caffey
Posted
Posted

No, you want one on Direct, the other on Wave.

Steven Caffey (SY) ZLA Controller

"A mile of highway gets you one mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere."

1099774.png

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

so far have found VRC works best on Wave and TS3 Direct but once in a blue moon....

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Davor Kusec 990407
Posted
Posted

Quick question related to this...

How do you set it up to where you can use TS3 and Squawbox at the same time? I know there is a way to do it but I forgot. When I have FS open, I can only use squawkbox for vox but then have to minimize FS to be able to talk using TS3.

Thanks

Davor Kusec

Air Traffic Director | Northeast Region VATUSA

Supervisor | VATSIM

990407.jpg

Kevin Rush 1212482
Posted
Posted

Last night was an embarr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ment. I lost count last night how many times Teamspeak crashed, had a stuck mic. Frustrating for me and irritating for fellow controllers.

I'm now running VRC with the Wave audio device and TeamSpeak with DirectSound. I am getting conflicting views from other responses on other boards as to whether or not they need to be different or the same. More seem to be in the camp that they should be different. So, it will stay that way for now.

I unchecked the DirectX overlay plugin and will try that out later and see if that helps. I am also going to look into disabling the exclusive mode application priority and see if that helps, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming it's enabled and I can find it in the program setup.

When I got done last night, I logged off thinking that if I had been in the same room or building with the other controller I was working with, I would have had a butt whippin'. It was that bad.

zfwartcc2.jpg

ZFW ARTCC

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted
Quick question related to this...

How do you set it up to where you can use TS3 and Squawbox at the same time? I know there is a way to do it but I forgot. When I have FS open, I can only use squawkbox for vox but then have to minimize FS to be able to talk using TS3.

Thanks

so long as you have a different PTT key set up for TS and double check that it's not bound in FS you should be able to have TS minimized and still talk on it to friends and whatnot and work with ATC on SB without a problem.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

John Konicek 1211587
Posted
Posted

This happened to me as well on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I wound up reinstalling the operating system (for a change to a new SSD), and now it works without a flaw. Not sure why it works now, but it seemed to solve the problem for me.

John Konicek

vZMP Controller In Training

X-Plane 10 Pilot

IRL Student Pilot - Solo - C172

Kevin Rush 1212482
Posted
Posted (edited)

I live under a rock . . . I did not scroll down far enough to see that a VRC subforum existed. I originally posted this in Controller Talk but now that I have found this subforum I want to post here as I might get more responses.

Just switched from Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and working out the bugs.

I have, in the past had TeamSpeak issues that seem to have followed me to the new OS. With the 64bit OS I am using the 64bit TeamSpeak. Every so often, it locks up, or the mic stays open, can't see who's talking, then it seems to work itself out or more often the case have to logoff then back on. I can't help but wonder if there are conflict issues with VRC and TeamSpeak.

The other night was an embarr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ment. I lost count last night how many times Teamspeak crashed, had a stuck mic. Frustrating for me and irritating for fellow controllers. VRC stopped suddenly twice and had to reopen.

I'm now running VRC with the Wave audio device and TeamSpeak with DirectSound. I am getting conflicting views from other responses on other boards as to whether or not they need to be different or the same. More seem to be in the camp that they should be different. So, it will stay that way for now.

I unchecked the DirectX overlay plugin and will try that out later and see if that helps. I am also going to look into disabling the exclusive mode application priority and see if that helps.

When I got done that night, I logged off thinking that if I had been in the same room or building with the other controller I was working with, I would have had a butt whippin'. It was that bad.

I am wondering if I potentially have a conflict with the VRC sound device setup.

1. Do I want the same audio device setup on TeamSpeak that I have with VRC? ie. DirectSound on VRC, DirectSound on TeamSpeak or do I want to have one running DirectSound and the other running Wave? (I am getting conflicting views from other responses on other boards as to whether or not they need to be different or the same. More seem to be in the camp that they should be different. So, I am inclined to keep it that way for now.)

2. Who else is having TeamSpeak issues? Is there something else at fault that I am not aware of?

Edited by Guest

zfwartcc2.jpg

ZFW ARTCC

Kevin Rush 1212482
Posted
Posted

Well, I think I got the computer deal figured out.

Cannot use the TeamSpeak transparent overlay with VRC

Wave on VRC; DirectSound on TeamSpeak

Set the audio properties in the Windows control panel and disable the exclusive mode application priority setting.

Not one crash tonight, but, not to busy either. We'll see what happens this weekend.

zfwartcc2.jpg

ZFW ARTCC

Kevin Rush 1212482
Posted
Posted

Well, I think I got the computer deal figured out.

Cannot use the TeamSpeak transparent overlay with VRC

Wave on VRC; DirectSound on TeamSpeak

Set the audio properties in the Windows control panel and disable the exclusive mode application priority setting.

Not one crash tonight, but, not to busy either. We'll see what happens this weekend.

zfwartcc2.jpg

ZFW ARTCC