You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Blue cockpit windows when raining

Frank Otero

Frank Otero
Posted
Posted

A curious bug afffecting my Aeroworx B200 (converted to FSX). When raining, the windows in virtual cokpit go blue. The 2D cockpit is not affected viewing forward, but the same bug if looking out of the side windows. This only happens with this plane, regradless of Wx engine. Snow presents no problems.

Windows 7

NVidia GT 425M

1092537.png

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

might have gotten mucked up in the conversion. have you tried to reinstall it?

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Frank Otero
Posted
Posted

Hi Richard,

Tried reinstall and the same thing. When I introduce the rain, the view will flicker and then stay blue. The rest of the cockpit is fine, just the windows.

I may have to install FS9 once I can get my hands on it.

Thanks

1092537.png

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Frank, did you have a look in the textures folder to see if it uses an alternate texture for the rain-window, altho I myself find it silly saying such a thing, but hey, there's always a possibility

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Frank Otero
Posted
Posted

Charan, I looked into the texture files, but only found a few rain textures in the general texture file. the texture file in the aircraft file contains no rain textures. I am not sure what I am really looking for anyway lol. However, I see that all textures are .bmp and I cannot open them because "file is damaged, corrupted or too large"

Thanks

1092537.png

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

DXTBmp, a free tool, can open the files, as they must be mipmapped or something. Usually a file with gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] in the name will be the culprit. If it's only happening with one aircraft, it might be under the aircraft's textures folder or one of the texture folders. It could also be a missing texture file, which hopefully isn't the case.

For now, don't fly in the rain

Frank Otero
Posted
Posted

Hehehehehe. or I can fly in the 2D cockpit looking straight ahead only. I will keep messing with it. Interesting, it does not happen all the time, I just got it to work and after a minute went back to blue windows in VC. Thanks for your input

1092537.png

Frank Otero
Posted
Posted

Well, the fix was just a few key strokes away. I just needed to search with the benefit of my brain.

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

1092537.png

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Haha, what do you know!!