You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX Video Card configuration tool

Brad Littlejohn

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted

Hey all.

I remember reading in Paul Biderman's thread that someone posted a link to a site that helps tweak your FSX config file based on the video card that you have, or something similar.

I just completed my rebuild of my windows box (looks nice, and quite possibly may be my last PC build ever), and after 10 years finally made the jump to FSX. But with that comes new settings instead of having all sliders maxed.

I thought I read that that tool would help with getting the best settings for what I have, but can't find the link anymore. If someone has it, could they please post it?

Thanks!

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I think maybe you're referring to this website (?) http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

I believe that's the site you're referring to Brad. It's the site I've used for years. Does a pretty good job, as long as you know the specs of your box.

Also, for all those who are interested, my new machine is finally up and running. I'll post some photos and FSX screenshots along with a lesson painfully learned during the build when I have some time.

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
I believe that's the site you're referring to Brad. It's the site I've used for years. Does a pretty good job, as long as you know the specs of your box.

Also, for all those who are interested, my new machine is finally up and running. I'll post some photos and FSX screenshots along with a lesson painfully learned during the build when I have some time.

I believe that's the one! Thanks! I just had to find the nVidia equivalent of my Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked) to have it tweak the default FSX.cfg file. With that, My build is done as well.

Right on your heels, I'll post shots of the build as well. That Bitfenix Prodigy is a beast, though my only regret is that I should have bought it in white. I was thinking of a 2nd Hackintosh build, but I think I'll go iMac next, so this FSX box will probably be my last build ever.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller