You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XP10 stuttering.

Philip Whitehead 1223066

Philip Whitehead 1223066
Posted
Posted

Ever since I went from v10.20 to 10.21 I have had terrible FPS. V10.22 is no better. Is there any way I can revert back to 10.20 without doing a fresh install?

FSX- X-Plane 10 - Intel Core i5 3570k at 4.2Ghz - MSi Z77 Mpower mobo - EVGA GTX660 Superclocked 3gb - 8gig of Samsung Green DDR3 at 1866mhz

• 2 weeks later...
Philip Whitehead 1223066
Posted
Posted

Any ideas anyone?? It's that bad that I don't use it anymore.

FSX- X-Plane 10 - Intel Core i5 3570k at 4.2Ghz - MSi Z77 Mpower mobo - EVGA GTX660 Superclocked 3gb - 8gig of Samsung Green DDR3 at 1866mhz

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

This calmly be your settings, what gfx card do you have what are your PC specs.

With a little more information we might be able to help, can I also suggest that you go to www.x-plane.org and join the forums there for a better and quicker response.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Philip Whitehead 1223066
Posted
Posted

I have tried the xplane forums but not really had any positive suggestions.

My PC specs are.....

Intel Core i5 3570k at 4.2ghz

8 gig of DDR3 1866mhz dual channel

MSi Z77 Mpower mobo

EVGA Nvidia GTX660 superclocked card with 3gig of VRAM

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

X-Plane 10 used to run really smooth even on my old system but since the update from 10.20 it just went real slow.

If there is no way to revert back to 10.20 without just doing a fresh install I might not bother.

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Delete your preferences and start over. This is common issue when upgrading between versions while retaining your preferences.

• 2 weeks later...
Philip Whitehead 1223066
Posted
Posted

OK thanks, which items from this folder do I need to delete?

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Anything with a .prf extension in output/preferences folder

Philip Whitehead 1223066
Posted
Posted

OK I found what I think you mean but cannot see the file extension .prf

I can only see what's called "PICS Rules file" so I guess this is what you mean.

I removed these files and restarted it the did some setting changes and it seems smooth again, Flew the JARdesign Airbus at night and it was really smooth, I also recorded the flight with FRAPS which hardly impacted the frame rate which is a good thing.

Many thanks for your help in this matter and it is greatly appreciated.

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

You're welcome. Your operating system is configured to 'hide file extensions' for known file types. This is "helping" you, at least they think it is. It's the worst default setting I've seen in a file browser, but that's what they've settled on. the PRF extension apparently has a description of "PICS Rules file" on your system, so that's what the file type shows.

I would configure Windows Explorer to NOT hide file extensions. It's buried in the options. Google should help on that on.

Glad you're all set.