You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SHIFT + E +2

Roger Curtiss

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

The key command SHIFT+E+2 is supposed to activate additional doors other than the main exit in many aircraft models. I find that it rarely works.

Pressing SHIFT and then E in succession opens and closes the main exit door every time. However, pressing Shift then E then 2 (or Shift then E and 2 simultaneously) ususlly results in main door activity and then the appearance of the Shift + 2 instrument panel pop up.

I have tried holding down Shift and then pressing E and 2 together and in sucession and get main door activity and the pop up but nothing from the other door(s).

A small matter- but mildly disturbing as well so I seek possible insights.

Thank you in advance.

Roger Curtiss

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Depends on the addon. May not have that at all or mapped to something like wing fold, or in some it may only work by a gauge

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

Such is not the case in this instance. I have been able to get the feature to work with particular aircraft models, however, the activation is quite sporadic and requires many attempts before it actually performs the function instead of either acting only as a Shift+E or Shift+2 command.

Perhaps I need to get a new 'E' key for my keyboard.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

As,e happens to me over two differnt computers, with three different keyboards. Probably an FSX bug

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted
As,e happens to me over two differnt computers, with three different keyboards. Probably an FSX bug

Thanks Sam...it is comforting to know that I am not simply an idiot who seemingly cannot control his finger movements in a coordinated manner!

The easiest solution is just to leave the cargo door closed (although that truly frustrates the GSX ramp personnel who sit there with their luggage carts waiting for it to open).

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

No problem, any Time!

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

There should be a dedicated FSX control to toggle each particular door - if you have a registered FSUIPC version you should be able to create a different key combo to trigger the control.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted
There should be a dedicated FSX control to toggle each particular door - if you have a registered FSUIPC version you should be able to create a different key combo to trigger the control.

Cheers!

Luke

Great suggestion Luke...and I sincerely mean that...only problem is that there is no selection in the command menu in FSUIPC for door controls and the manual does not appear to provide guidance in selecting functions not in the dropdown FS controls menu. Are you able to provide some guidance on creating a key combo to map that function?

Thanks.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Michael Schwartz 1143713
Posted
Posted

I've always had the same issue as well Roger. I found that it would take multiple attempts until something went just right and I could open the cargo doors. These days the addons I fly luckily have the doors controlled via the CDU.

I did some searching and this may help you: (requires FSIUPIC registered).

Go into FSUIPC, select 'Buttons + Switches', select profile specific, press your Go Flight or button on your connected external control device, press 'set' button and press the keys to be sent (shft E only for all door keys), place checkmark in 'key press not to be held' then (key part), in the 'press the key to be sent when you release this key(s)' . . . press 2 or 3 or 4, depending on the door you are keying. So, when done, you will have 4 new FSUIPC programmed door buttons.

I have not tried this but in the forum there was positive feedback.

• 9 months later...
Fahad Usmani
Posted
Posted

I had a similar problem.

The trick is to press Shift+E, release them and then press 2 (If I remember it correctly).

Best Regards

Fahad Usmani

Director Events & Public Relations - VATSIM Pakistan

http://www.vatpak.net | events_pr(at)vatpak(dot)net

Johnathan Lee
Posted
Posted

Another thing to watch for. Those default binds rely on the default binding for "Item 1 Select" through to "item 4 select". Make sure they are what you think they are in FSX controls options. I think it is from the "simulator" section.

/regards

vafs_status.php?cs=FDX3590&c=1

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Engine select is a major pain if you accidentally trigger it. I have disabled that function in the controls list in FSX. One other suggestion is to check various libraries (Avsim, Flightsim, etc.) as many addon aircraft have door opening and closing gauges that fix this problem and provide a nice interface on a panel (Level D 767 and Majestic Q400 have these for sure. Of course all of the PMDG offerings have this function through the FMC).

847924.png