You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

STARS keyboard for vSTARS

David Ambrose 1132033

David Ambrose 1132033
Posted
Posted

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has created their own STARS keyboard. I saw a picture of someone's homemade keyboard on FB during northern migration or something but I can't find it now. Does anyone have any instructions? I would like to create one, or pay someone that already knows how to create one. I want to step up the realism while controlling. I also want to do this because I wanted to be an air traffic controller but can't because of my vision.

Thanks,

DJ

ZLA_DA

• 1 month later...
John Wiesenfeld
Posted
Posted

David,

The use of an iPad and an app called Keypad were discussed in a now-lost posting on these forums.

A similar discussion was held on the ZNY ARTCC forum and can be accessed at

http://www.nyartcc.org/bigapple/threads/13151-ARTS-Keyboard-for-the-iPad

This illustrates an ARTS keyboard, but one could create one for STARS in exactly the same way. One of our controllers even seems to have created such a layout.

I have never found an analogous program to Keyboard for Android devices. If anyone knows of one, please let me know.

Best wishes,

John

PS Apologies for the slow response.

John Wiesenfeld

ZNY - C1

FAA IFR/SEL in a galaxy long ago and far away

William Lewis
Posted
Posted

The programmable keyboards are quite expensive ($250 +). I want to build myself one but need to gather the finances first. I have studied how to and would love to build one though.

The above pertains to United States

37.png

William Lewis
Posted
Posted

The programmable keyboards by themselves are quite expensive ($250 +). I want to build myself one but need to gather the finances first. I have studied how to and would love to build one though.

The above pertains to United States

37.png