You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xsquawkbox and Vatsim

Ross Anderson 1266962

Ross Anderson 1266962
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

I've been playing x-plane 10 now for quite a while i've just decided I want to start flying online using Vatsim. I have read most of the instructions but i'm having some problems that hopefully you guys can help me out with.

I can only connect to the CC europe server but, every other one i try and connect to says there is an error with the cid/p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

When I connect it wont let me send a flight plan (it is just grayed out and I cant even click on it)

I was at heathrow and I was tuned into the delivery frequency 121.97 (not sure if thats what I should be on) I try talking on the text chat but no one replies.

It then disconnects me after maybe a minute or so of connecting.

I'm not sure if its something i'm doing or something I havn't done but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ross.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

doesnt sound like its actually connecting to any of the servers check your ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, dont copy and paste

Ross Anderson 1266962
Posted
Posted

Cheers for the reply,

Just typed it all in manually but still the same thing happening.

Basically after I press connect the box appears saying "connecting.." in red. It then dissapears after 5-10 seconds and then when I go the xsquawkbox plugin menu it gives me the option to disconnect so i'm guessing it is connecting me I just cant do anything after that.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

odd. try connecting again. wait 5 minutes, then check to see if you can see yourself on any of the online map displays. www.vattastic.com is web based, no download required for that one

Ross Anderson 1266962
Posted
Posted

Ok i've tried that.

It disconnects me after about 2 minutes. It never actually comes up saying i'm connected though. The box goes away and I here a little sound. When I checked the box though it still said "connecting..." then eventually I heard another sound and it came up saying disconnected.

I think you might be right that i'm not actually connecting at all.

What is my Vatsim CID? is that just my ID?

Cheers

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

yep thats your ID.

Ross Anderson 1266962
Posted
Posted

I tried to register on that www.vattastic.com but it says I have to sign into vatsim so it knows im going to use it and i have been trying but it still comes up saying I need to sign into vatsim so it obviously isn't connecting me. Any ideas at all?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

VATTASTIC isnt run by VATSIM, thats a third party program so its not tied directly with your VATSIM account

you dont need to sign on to use it though. only thing you need to check is if it lists you online on the online pilots list or move the map to where you are in the sim and click on the airport, itll show whos on the ground

Ross Anderson 1266962
Posted
Posted

Yeah im not coming up on there so it looks like im not even connecting. strange....

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

are you able to ping the servers from your pc?

also you dont happen to be trying to connect from a dorm?

Ross Anderson 1266962
Posted
Posted

Nah im not. Do you know if the port number should be anything specific?

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

swift - Developer

Ross Anderson 1266962
Posted
Posted

It's started working. My port code was that and i havn't changed anything from before so not sure what the problem was but its all working fine now.

thanks for the help guys.