You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Urgent help needed.

Aaron Williamson 1020371

Aaron Williamson 1020371
Posted
Posted (edited)

I experienced this on my previous format and now I am getting it again after I reformatted- when I open menus sometomes weird things will happen : 3bbrcsN.jpg

The more I play with the screen size in windowed mode, the weirder things will get : AVVoNCt.jpgkvNiTz1.jpge87VDXH.jpg

But if I play with enough I can get it (sprt of, notice transparent nobs and gear lever) back to normal: J05wWbe.jpg

cNKC2kI.jpg

Edited by Guest

Aaron Williamson 1020371
Posted
Posted

My specs are : AMD Phenom 2 X6 @ 3.5 GHz , Nvidia GTX 470 1280MB, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 750W PSU by Corsair.

I am running FSX with Traffic X, FTX Global, and various payware Aircraft.

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

Seems like some sort of texture issue. Are you running any anti-virus?

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg

Aaron Williamson 1020371
Posted
Posted

No, no Anti-virus programs. It appears that this is happening after I have been running FSX for some time before re-starting my computer, after the re-start is seems to clear up until I've put a couple hours on the sim.

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

Are you running in full screen, and do you have UAC off if Windows 7 or Vista?

Sam%20White.jpg

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

Just found this by PMDG on the Avsim forums:

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUES:Issue #1: Black screen, cream screen and/or CTD (can happen while using the menus) – may show up with a dialog referencing uiautomationcore.dll or a non-descript APPCRASH in fsx.exe.This issue appears to be caused by a conflict between the 64 bit version of a Windows system file called uiautomationcore.dll and the Windows Desktop Window Manager. This appears to only affect Windows 7 users. The solution discovered on the Microsoft tech forums has been to actually place a copy of the 32-bit version of the dll from Windows Vista (not 7) into the FSX root folder.

And also this:

Issue #4: The “skeleton plane” issue - loss of textures and geometry on the external model and VC. This is the issue that’s going to have the most discussion…I want to put forth a new theory we’ve developed on this over the past week or so:I was talking to one of our new programmers about this issue and we stumbled upon something quite interesting. I was mentioning to him how some users seem to have success in resolving the issue via lowering the Windows sound quality setting. This sparked the realization that something all the aircraft we’ve heard of this issue happening with (which includes the Level-D 767, the Captain Sim aircraft, the Flight 1 Super 80, and now most recently the Flight Sim Labs Concorde X) have in common is custom sounds that are generated through an external processor dll and not by the FSX audio engine. We believe that most addons have used a very similar method code-wise for playing these custom sounds back, one which predates the modern Windows OSes and Direct X versions by nearly 10 years. I remembered back to issues we’ve seen in the past with sound crackling while using the 747 and MD-11. Sound crackling is usually the result of something called direct procedure call (DPC) latency. DPC is the method Windows uses to stream real time events like audio and graphics processing across the system bus. High DPC latency backlogs these events and can produce audio and visual artifacts. The proverbial lightbulb went off and we asked ourselves “What if the sound is somehow overloading the bus and this affects the graphics subsystem too?”Acting on this hunch, I’ve had several people who see the issue try disabling the PMDGSounds.dll gauge and then flying to see if the problem occurs. Doing this results in none of the custom panel sounds playing back, just the engines (which sound via the FSX audio engine) but it provides something of a way to test for the effect of the gauge. We’ve had some very promising results from the couple of people who’ve tried it. Both users also have the Flightsim Labs Concorde X and I had them disable that aircraft’s sound gauge as well - it is likely identical to the PMDG gauge since the same person, Lefteris Kalamaras, wrote both of them. Both people reported that they were able to complete numerous long flights without any major issues and that in the case of the Concorde, both were able to see the external model for the first time without it almost instantly disappearing/corrupting upon loading the sim. My theory (I will readily admit I don’t know for sure on this) is that the Concorde may be loading more custom sounds than the 747 or MD-11 do, and this explains why the issue is more prevalent there than it is with the PMDG products.Now, that said, we are not convinced this is all of the story – one of the testers told me he did see a piece of the 747-400 VC (the floor) disappear even with the sound dll disabled – it did not however cause a CTD or any further corruption in the visual model. What this tells us is that we are undoubtedly at least on the right track with this idea that the issue is caused at the root by the system bus getting overloaded with real time data streams. Only certain systems seem to be susceptible to it as well, including systems with much higher specs than some that don’t see the issue, which further complicates pinning anything down. I’ve tried in vain to make it happen on my own system and I can’t, even when running just about every crazy maxed out addon I can throw at it.We’re providing this information in the hopes that it sparks ideas among the whole community (other developers and knowledgeable simmers alike) on this issue – it’s clear that this affects everyone and that this is going to be a problem for almost anyone making complex aircraft for FSX. If the clues we are publishing here can lead to a solution, we will share this information with all developers in order that the entire community benefits from this discovery. Clearly this problem affects more developers than just PMDG, so a solution will benefit everyone.THINGS FOR YOU TO DO:1. Foremost, I’d like more people to try disabling the sound gauges and see if they can get the problem to happen like it does with it enabled. We really need to test this thoroughly to see if it is indeed a substantial part of the problem or if we’re chasing another wild goose.To do this with the PMDG aircraft, you need to go to your Users\(YourUserName)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder and back up the dll.xml file. Just copy it and rename the copy to something like dll.xml.bak.Find this section and delete it from the file, saving it after you do: PMDG SoundsFalsePMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dllBe absolutely certain you do not delete anything other than this exact section.Now, go to the PMDG\dlls folder within the FSX main folder and rename PMDGSounds.dll to PMDGSounds.dll.bak or something similar.Launch the sim and go fly as you’d normally do. You won’t have panel sound, but the engines and a few other sounds will still be audible. (You may need to press Q or click focus away from the FS window and then back to get sound – I saw this a few times while testing) Pay close attention to both the VC and external model and report anything that does or does not occur involving these issues.2. Hardware survey:I’d like anyone seeing issue #4 to post their full system specs – I’m going to start a database for it. I’d really like to know the exact type of motherboard everyone’s using and exactly which sound chipset or card is involved. My personal experience with my MSI P55-GD65 board and its Realtek ALC889 sound chip indicates that this may be one configuration that is less susceptible to the bus overload. My previous mobo (a Gigabyte X38 board) had the same sound chipset as well and I never saw it with that machine either. I did see an awful lot of ASUS with SoundMax chipsets in the old thread…3. Q & A:I have a few other questions for people seeing this issue for the purposes of gathering more info about possible causes/factors: (this is for people seeing issue #4 specifically):1. Have you ever seen this issue happen with the PMDG J41?2. Have you ever seen this happen in Windows XP (32 or 64-bit)?3. Have you ever seen anything like this happen in FS9?4. Have you ever seen this happen with a default aircraft or other aircraft you know to not be using custom sound?5. Can you reproduce the issue on a completely clean “vanilla” FSX install where no resource intensive addons other than the aircraft are installed?6. Do you notice any difference between full screen vs. windowed mode as far as this issue’s frequency or occurrence goes

Sam%20White.jpg

Aaron Williamson 1020371
Posted
Posted

Thank you for this- Though I have already placed the replacement uiautomationcore.dll in my FSX root- could you tell me where you found the second post? I can't find it anywhere on the net.

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

It's here:

http://forums1.avsim.net/topic/280688-graphics-corruption-in-fsx-update-possible-solution-found/

You will need an Avsim account to view it, and it is about the PMDG B744, but it may still be relevent to their B737. I do not know if they found out the problem for curtain in the end.

Sam%20White.jpg

Aaron Williamson 1020371
Posted
Posted

I believe I have remedied the problem, I went on the net FSX.config generator and got an optimized .cfg and I believe the problem has cleared up