You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Need Help on plugin folder (problem with xsquawkbox)

Bryan Nourse 1267571

Bryan Nourse 1267571
Posted
Posted

Problem: I have a windows based PC with x-plane 10.21. I downloaded the windows xsquawkbox 1.0.6 version and transferred the folder "XsquawkBox Resources" and the "XSquawkbox_VATSIM" XPL file into my plugins folder as stated in the instructions and the various youtube instructional videos I watched. When I open X-plane, nothing shows under the plugin folder except my current plugins. There is no connect to vatsim or any reference to it. Now, Squawkbox instructions state: "When XSquawkBox is installed correctly, there will be an "XSquawkBox" menu item in X-Plane's "plugins menu". If you do not have a plugin menu, your X-Plane is incapable of running plugins."

I find it hard to believe I cannot run the xsquawkbox plugin because I already have 2 plugins that are active that work (EZPushback and x737).

Can someone advise how to get x-squawkbox to work and show under my plugin folder so I can connect to VATSIM?

Thanks

Bryan Nourse 1267571
Posted
Posted

NEVERMIND! I just saw a thread stating that X-plane 32 bit version must be used. Why don't they state that in the instructions?

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

Presumably the instructions were written before X-Plane had a 64 bit version.

swift - Developer

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Bryan,

It's also the case that most X-Plane users are aware that there was a jump from 32-bit to 64-bit architectures recently and that plugins are built for one or the other. If you drop in a plugin and it doesn't work, the first thing you should check is the log file to tell you what's going on, and the log will say if the plug isn't recognized (in which case, it's probably for the 'other' version).

• 3 weeks later...
Howard Smith 1268935
Posted
Posted

I have X-plane on my Mac 10.6 and I tried to download xsquawkbox plugin and when I go to my plugins it says I have none. I am running x-plane 10 with 32bits. anyone here can help., I just got started with all of this so very new, thanks

smitty

howard smith

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

post a picture of the files and folders in your plugins folder. my guess is we can solve it from that alone.