You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

looking for VA with specific...

Brian Sommers

Brian Sommers
Posted
Posted

I'm looking for a VA that does/keeps track of things like this:

On time performance.. being late would affect your pilot rating or something like that.

and where fuel planning is important and matters.

so many VA's only hours matter.

I don't care about finances..

this is not necessary, but it would be nice to have the a/c cycled into maintenance when needed etc.

any such VA?

Davor Kusec 990407
Posted
Posted

I haven't really heard of a VA like that only because a lot of folks have other priorities (work, school, etc.,) that would keep them from flying during required times. The idea is good for realism purposes but I personally haven't found or heard of such a VA. Maybe someone else can help?

Davor Kusec

Air Traffic Director | Northeast Region VATUSA

Supervisor | VATSIM

990407.jpg

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

I believe Robbie Nauffts has a VA like this in development.

Not sure why other priorities would make this difficult. I have work and school and just fly when I'm not otherwise busy. The important thing is that if your VA has scheduled flights, have a wide variety of times where there are scheduled. Have a bunch at night, a bunch during the day, a bunch in the morning, a bunch in the afternoon, etc.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Brian Sommers
Posted
Posted

I don't mean to fly them in real time..

I mean to set your flt sim time according to the time schedule.. but then if you are late it should matter to the pilot performance.

Robbie Nauffts 1045788
Posted
Posted

Schooner Airlines has approximately seven 737s in the fleet and the scheduling is built off of realistic flights per day, turn around times and connections. There are quite a few destinations (so far have two aircraft completely scheduled in the system with a total of 30 flights) and even time where the aircraft is stood down for simulated maintenance.

We've done our best to even have our schedule reflect lower travel days of the week with less flights per that day of the week. There is no sense having three flights per day to Miami from Montreal when you'd only realistically fill one aircraft.

One of the things that were mentioned that we are not doing at this time is time targets for pilots. KCars at this time doesn't support that function and it is beyond our ability to implement it. However our promotions are not automatic and include a written and flown flight exam that reflects time spent in the 737.

What is making things most exciting for us (and something that as far as we are aware has not been done) is simulating the growth and development of an airline. No airline has ever started with 50 different aircraft types in their fleet and routes around the world. We're simulated approximately one year in service before our "launch" date with a recent hub expansion and new additions to the fleet. To encourage our pilots to fly, we have our development planned out in two more stages. So the more pilots we have actively flying, the closer we get to expansion.

Any questions, feel free to reply or follow our facebook page. Things are very hectic at this time as we are 48 hours from launch and running into a few bugs in the site.

BE4SQyR.jpg

“Aviation is not inherently dangerous, but it is terribly unforgiving.”

Davor Kusec 990407
Posted
Posted
Schooner Airlines has approximately seven 737s in the fleet and the scheduling is built off of realistic flights per day, turn around times and connections. There are quite a few destinations (so far have two aircraft completely scheduled in the system with a total of 30 flights) and even time where the aircraft is stood down for simulated maintenance.

We've done our best to even have our schedule reflect lower travel days of the week with less flights per that day of the week. There is no sense having three flights per day to Miami from Montreal when you'd only realistically fill one aircraft.

One of the things that were mentioned that we are not doing at this time is time targets for pilots. KCars at this time doesn't support that function and it is beyond our ability to implement it. However our promotions are not automatic and include a written and flown flight exam that reflects time spent in the 737.

What is making things most exciting for us (and something that as far as we are aware has not been done) is simulating the growth and development of an airline. No airline has ever started with 50 different aircraft types in their fleet and routes around the world. We're simulated approximately one year in service before our "launch" date with a recent hub expansion and new additions to the fleet. To encourage our pilots to fly, we have our development planned out in two more stages. So the more pilots we have actively flying, the closer we get to expansion.

Any questions, feel free to reply or follow our facebook page. Things are very hectic at this time as we are 48 hours from launch and running into a few bugs in the site.

The concept isn't the first of it's kind but the idea is still amazing non the less. Keep up the great work Robbie and I'll be following your progress.

Davor Kusec

Air Traffic Director | Northeast Region VATUSA

Supervisor | VATSIM

990407.jpg

Christopher Liu
Posted
Posted

At Intercity Airways we record On Time Performance (OTP) for each flight, but we don't do any scoring based off that at the moment and I think aggregate statistics are only available to management right now. We have fuel planning rules and guidelines but don't record fuel usage at present. Naturally we're a VATSIM official partner airline, so you can be confident we're a respectable outfit.

Intercity is a large regional virtual airline, aimed at pilots who want to be able to simulate real flying as closely as possible, operating from Britain across Europe using PMDG's Jetstream 41 and Majestic's MJC Dash 8 Q400. Flights with Intercity are generally under 2 hours, so our pilots spend more time flying in and out of exciting locations, and less time monitoring instruments and watching clouds! Choose from 600+ daily flights to over 80 destinations, including challenging airports such as London City, Sion and Innsbruck!

Our schedules reflect real life concerns such as p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]enger demand, competition, parking availability, airport operating hours etc (to the extent that we overnight about half of the aircraft based at London City/LCY at other airports owing to a lack of parking space).

support1.jpg

Proud supporter of Intercity Airways, visit www.ViaIntercity.com

support1.jpg

Proud supporter of Intercity Airways, visit www.ViaIntercity.com