You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Male

sebastian gosch

sebastian gosch
Posted
Posted

Hey Folks from VatWA!

As I absolutely love the Maldives I started Controlling there on Vatsim, after I saw some very nice Controllers doing a great Job there.

By the time I started to think about a further Promotion of this area.

Furthermore of a VACC Maldives, which would be very cool and nice to have.

As my technical knowledge in those things (programming a Website etc.) is quite basic, I would require some help from others!

If there is any of you interested in opening up this paradise in a virtual way, I'd highly appreciate that.

I'd be ready to spend a bunch of effort into this, depending on how many People would Support this idea.

This is an area of the world, most Vatsim pilots underestimate, as we have some HF comms within remote area's like on "Mumbai Radio" as well as "Male Radio" this could be a very challenging but beautiful place to fly!

We'd have to Promote the area, bring up some Controllers, and if thats somehow possible get in touch with the real Male ACC, to gather some real life Input!

I will try and give my best to get some kind of european Support, but if there is even a single local guy from Male supporting us, that would of corse be great!

Just a few questions:

1. The VATWA Website says the Login Name for Male Center is "VRFM_CTR" isn't it "VRMF_CTR".

2. I couldn't find any Center Frequency, as the only one published is Approach on 119.700, TBH I can't remember whether there was a Male Center even existing in RL, or if we have been transferred from Mumbai Radio directly to the Approach.

3. Would I be allowed to open up Mumbai Radio, or is there any Indian Division of Vatsim which I should contact before?

Thanks for reading, and I really hope we'll find a way to get this Project going

Seb

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted
Hey Folks from VatWA!

As I absolutely love the Maldives I started Controlling there on Vatsim, after I saw some very nice Controllers doing a great Job there.

As my technical knowledge in those things (programming a Website etc.) is quite basic, I would require some help from others!

If there is any of you interested in opening up this paradise in a virtual way, I'd highly appreciate that.

I'd be ready to spend a bunch of effort into this, depending on how many People would Support this idea.

This is an area of the world, most Vatsim pilots underestimate, as we have some HF comms within remote area's like on "Mumbai Radio" as well as "Male Radio" this could be a very challenging but beautiful place to fly!

We'd have to Promote the area, bring up some Controllers, and if thats somehow possible get in touch with the real Male ACC, to gather some real life Input!

I will try and give my best to get some kind of european Support, but if there is even a single local guy from Male supporting us, that would of corse be great!

Just a few questions:

1. The VATWA Website says the Login Name for Male Center is "VRFM_CTR" isn't it "VRMF_CTR".

2. I couldn't find any Center Frequency, as the only one published is Approach on 119.700, TBH I can't remember whether there was a Male Center even existing in RL, or if we have been transferred from Mumbai Radio directly to the Approach.

3. Would I be allowed to open up Mumbai Radio, or is there any Indian Division of Vatsim which I should contact before?

Thanks for reading, and I really hope we'll find a way to get this Project going

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your interest in the Maldives.

I'd ask that you contact me via email (director(at)vatwa.net) to discuss the above further.

I've answered your questions below:

1. It is indeed VRMF_CTR - I've just updated our website to reflect this.

2. All frequencies for the Maldives can be found here: http://vatwa.net/resources/atcstuff/sectorfiles/freq/maldf

3. West Asia is open skies but feel free to email the India vACC Director merely to introduce yourself.

Cheers!

Matt Booker
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 2 Lead

unnamed.png.9c373918856698c30d9103fb632eabff.png[email protected]

sebastian gosch
Posted
Posted
Hey Folks from VatWA!

Just a few questions:

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your interest in the Maldives.

I'd ask that you contact me via email (director(at)vatwa.net) to discuss the above further.

I've answered your questions below:

1. It is indeed VRMF_CTR - I've just updated our website to reflect this.

2. All frequencies for the Maldives can be found here: http://vatwa.net/resources/atcstuff/sectorfiles/freq/maldf

3. West Asia is open skies but feel free to email the India vACC Director merely to introduce yourself.

Cheers!

Hello and thanks Matt!

Sure I'll mail you shortly, and again thanks for answering the questions I`ve had.

Cheers

Seb

Anindya Banerjee
Posted
Posted

Hello Sebastian,

I am Anindya from India.

My mail id is anindya0000(AT)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in

May you please let me know what type of website you like to build. As Maldives is under the SAARC fraternity and you also have the common interest, I also can contribute some of my time to build the web site. Hope it will be only for hobbyists and not for commercial contents.

regards

Anindya Banerjee

• 4 weeks later...
sebastian gosch
Posted
Posted

hey guys, took myself a short break from a lot of things including VATSIM, I`ll get both of you a mail, thanks for your support so far, I appreciate it

Cheers

Seb

• 3 weeks later...
Gayanga Millevithanatchy 1
Posted
Posted

Hi Sebestian,

Nice to know your interest on Maldives, & your's is a very famous name in F1.

Today (01-Nov-2013) we are commencing the establishment of vACC for Sri Lanka & Maldives. As soon as procedures are established it will function independently under Vatwa. It s director is Imal Mille - ACCSRM1. You can contact him on milair at hotmail dot com. I believe that you will be a valuable [Mod - Happy Thoughts]et in this endeavour. Your message came in just the right time.

Fyi 'Male Control' is 123.90 & 119.70 covers both Radar & APP duties.

Good day.

Gayanga

Vatsim/Vatwa

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted

Great to see progress being made.

Good luck to Imal and his team.

If you need anything feel free to email me.

Matt Booker
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 2 Lead

unnamed.png.9c373918856698c30d9103fb632eabff.png[email protected]

• 3 weeks later...
sebastian gosch
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

The last few days were quite hard for me in terms of school etc.

I`ll now try to get in touch with you guys, and maybe we can build up something cool within the indian ocean

Cheers,

Sebastian

Seb