You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

USA Scenery

Michael Oberg 855611

Michael Oberg 855611
Posted
Posted

I have been out of the loop for several years with VATSIM and now I am slowly getting back involved. I was wondering if anyone could inform me where I might be able to find a good scenery file for ALL of the USA (payware). From searching, I see I can purchase several different individual cities in the USA, however, I was hoping to find one that covers all of the USA or even North America?

Thank you in advance.

Michael Oberg

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

You can't get every airport at once, but for general updates to land and scenery you have several options:

Ground Environment X (best used with Ultimate Terrain X)

FTX Global

Active Sky 2012 provides some graphical enhancements as well.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Michael Oberg 855611
Posted
Posted

Thank you! It does seem to me, way back when, that there was some sort off USA scenery (not individual airport or city) that you could purchase that basically highly enhanced the scenery of the US from an airborne view. I just cannot seem to locate this anylonger, I am sure it still exists, I believe I paid around $30.00 USD or so.

Also well I am at it, I did purchase (today) the "Blueprint Scenery" for KMSP. I cannot get it to take in FSX.. I did as instructed, after the download, I ran the program and copied the scenery and textures from the blueprint file in FSX and pasted it to the add on scenery and textures in FSX, however, when I open FSX and goto the scenery it is not there. I am pulling my hair out why. It is indeed pasted in the "Scenery" and "texture" files when I look in Windows explorer.

I can't believe all I forgot over the years...lol, I appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks....Mike

Michael Oberg

Michael Oberg 855611
Posted
Posted

Thank you Tomas!! I appreciate your reply, it worked as planned!!

Michael Oberg

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted
Thank you! It does seem to me, way back when, that there was some sort off USA scenery (not individual airport or city) that you could purchase that basically highly enhanced the scenery of the US from an airborne view. I just cannot seem to locate this anylonger, I am sure it still exists, I believe I paid around $30.00 USD or so.

Was it FSGenesis?

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

You may be referring to Ultimate Terrain which provides accurate roads, coast lines, railways, etc....

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Kyle Schoen 1112001
Posted
Posted

I would recommend checking out MegaScenery (payware) and Blue Sky Scenery (freeware). I don't know if either cover the entire United States, but they both create some great stuff.

ZLA ARTCC/TRACON