You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Plugin for holdings / visualizing altitude

Stefan Blauw

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

Next week, during Cross the Pond, Amsterdam will be one of the arrival airports and we are now preparing to work with holdings. Normally we don't need them, and most probably we won't need them during CTP either.

Is there a plugin available to work with holdings? Of course there is the default holding list, but it seems that it isn't even possible to sort by cleared altitude. Do you know any good plugin that would be handy during holdings? Maybe one that visualizes the altitudes of the aircraft (showing them above each other from a side perspective)?

Best regards,

Stefan

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Virtual Controller [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant does simualte the Stack Lists they use at Swanwick so you could probably use that. Search on the UK forums for it.

There is also a hold list function in the Eurocat2000E plugin used in scandinavia, search the vatsca forums for that.

and finally I think there may even be some in built functionality in ES for holds, even though I don't think it presents the aircraft vertically.

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

Hi Stefan,

You can try Gareth Williams UK Hold Plugin (see here). I believe it should work in non-UK areas.

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Phill Powell 849479
Posted
Posted
Hi Stefan,

You can try Gareth Williams UK Hold Plugin (see here). I believe it should work in non-UK areas.

Phillip

It does Philip, I use it on EISN.

Phill

Vatsim network supervisor

VATeud I1/VATeir local examiner.

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Works like a charm. Thanks!

Stefan