You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Aerosoft NavDataPro and FSNav Airway.txt

Greg Barber

Greg Barber
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had success updating the FSNavigator data using data from Aerosoft's NavDataPro package?

It just doesn't seem to work here and I know of one other person with the same issue.

Greg Barber

VATPAC3 - Director ATC Training & Standards

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

You should use Navigraph's (http://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataDownload.aspx) FS-Navigator 4.x files in EuroScope.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Gergely

That's a pity as it means users have to pay for both for effectively one application.

It would be great if the NDP version could work as well.

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Isn't the end result file with the same format from both sources? ES uses the end file, not the middle one from the two sources. So if the airways.txt is the same, it will use it.

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted
Isn't the end result file with the same format from both sources? ES uses the end file, not the middle one from the two sources. So if the airways.txt is the same, it will use it.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Can you send me the file to check it. xumepoc(at_)abv.bg

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Is it even possible for the NavDataPro to install those, without having FSNavigator installed? To me it seems it doesn't work here either. I'm just using the Navigraph version instead.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Yes, it is possible. I even do not have FS9 in my computer, but still able to install the Navigraph data.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 1 year later...
Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Just a quick question - have anyone succeeded in using the files from NavDataPro? I need to update the airac now, and would really like to just use NavDataPro instead of both..

Morten Jelle

spacer.png

Aleksi Laine
Posted
Posted

I've always used NavDataPro file with ES.

Just [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign NDP the location where you want the files to be installed and then move the AIRWAYS.txt to your ES Datafiles folder to replace the existing file there.

I'm not at my computer right now so I may remember some file names wrong, but that's the approximate process that works for me

Aleksi Laine

Vatsim-Scandinavia S3 Controller

1238102.png1238102.png

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your answer Aleksi. I'll try that!

Morten Jelle

spacer.png

Felix Musselmann
Posted
Posted

The problem is, EuroScope needs the file in a specific sort order.

When you sort the Aerosoft Data in the same order as the one from Navigraph it will work.

Aleksi Laine
Posted
Posted

When you sort the Aerosoft Data in the same order as the one from Navigraph it will work.

Really? What kind of an issue should this cause? An error message or just inaccurate navdata? Because I haven't modified the file in any way and it seems to work well.

Aleksi Laine

1238102.png1238102.png

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Really? What kind of an issue should this cause? An error message or just inaccurate navdata? Because I haven't modified the file in any way and it seems to work well.

You may "think" it works - but it can also be using the datas from the sectorfile instead. However, it should cause an error message - at least it did to me.

Morten Jelle

spacer.png

Aleksi Laine
Posted
Posted
You may "think" it works - but it can also be using the datas from the sectorfile instead. However, it should cause an error message - at least it did to me.

Yes, that is possible. My ES does use data from the sectorfile, but naturally only for my local areas. There have been some inconsistances between pilots' planned routes and my navdata, but I've always attributed them to faulty plans or some flight planning rules within those airspaces, such as permission to fly direct between some points. I guess I need to take a closer look once I get home.

But no error messages. ES just lets me know that it loaded the latest AIRAC from the airways.txt

Aleksi Laine

1238102.png1238102.png

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

I haven't updated yet - however it will be done before new year. I will let you know, if I encounter any issues.

It looks like it actually works for you, so I hope it will for me.

Morten Jelle

spacer.png

Aleksi Laine
Posted
Posted
I haven't updated yet - however it will be done before new year. I will let you know, if I encounter any issues.

It looks like it actually works for you, so I hope it will for me.

Don't get your hopes up, it's very possible that it is like you said before, that it only looks like it works.

If that is the case, and the file needs to be sorted differently, could someone give a hint of what the order should be. Never used Navigraph.

Aleksi Laine

1238102.png1238102.png

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

I will try it out. I do have a Navigraph version aswell, so I will try to compare these.

Morten Jelle

spacer.png