You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New member in the division

Asaf Katz 1239216

Asaf Katz 1239216
Posted
Posted

Hey, my name is Asaf Katz, and i joined, together with my friend Yoav Eldar to your division...

First of all, I have some questions to you-

1. I am now in the VATUSA. how can I move to the NY division for exapmle?

2. How can I start to learn ATC and become a controller?

3. Do you have a teamspeak where I can talk to people to help?

TNX very much for your understanding....

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Asaf,

You have already started the process. You both clicked on the link on the VATUSA web page to Become a VATUSA ATC. Those pages give you step by step, detailed instructions on how to get started. You simply follow them, one at a time.

Because you and your friend both failed your open book Introduction to Basic ATC questionnaire, you cannot proceed to the next step until you p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the questionnaire. It will be re[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to each of you in seven days. That will give you additional time to review the parts of the open book questionnaire that you had difficulty with. This was all explained to you during the signup process.

Once you successfully complete the questionnaire, you may select your ARTCC. Your ARTCC will then give you additional information on how to begin your training.

Note that you are encouraged to use the VATUSA forums if you have additional questions on the process.

Good luck.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Welcome to VATUSA.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Asaf Katz 1239216
Posted
Posted
Asaf,

You have already started the process. You both clicked on the link on the VATUSA web page to Become a VATUSA ATC. Those pages give you step by step, detailed instructions on how to get started. You simply follow them, one at a time.

Because you and your friend both failed your open book Introduction to Basic ATC questionnaire, you cannot proceed to the next step until you p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the questionnaire. It will be re[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to each of you in seven days. That will give you additional time to review the parts of the open book questionnaire that you had difficulty with. This was all explained to you during the signup process.

Once you successfully complete the questionnaire, you may select your ARTCC. Your ARTCC will then give you additional information on how to begin your training.

Note that you are encouraged to use the VATUSA forums if you have additional questions on the process.

Good luck.

thank you very much for your help!

i guess ill wait a week for the next exam...