You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Mumbai Radio (VATIND)

sebastian gosch

sebastian gosch
Posted
Posted

Hello!

whilst controlling Mumbai Radio, I figured out we only have a VABF_CTR position available.

Due to the huge Area of this Control, we would need a VABF_FSS, as even with 4 vis. Points a 100%coverage of the Mumbai sector is not provided!

I`d suggest to seperate the FSS from the CTR, and let the FSS do all the oceanic operations, and the CTR everything that is domestic, VABB etc.

Or combine both in one FSS

Cheers,

Sebastian

Seb

• 4 weeks later...
sebastian gosch
Posted
Posted

Tough there is no response on the initial post, I´d like to introduce a little problem within the Indian Airspace and the way it is being controlled.

As you all might know, VABF is a station not able to provide radar contact to all parts of it`s actual Sector, this requires the controller to rely on position reports from the Pilots flying within that Airspace.

I was quite surprised, as I was on my way to VRMM overhead KITAL-L894, and the Mumbai controller offered me a "Radar Contact".

Why aren't we sticking to real life procedures here? Let's be honest, this area of Vatsim has less traffic than most of the other Places online. So why shouldn`t we try to keep it as real as it gets? You won't get overstressed on Mumbai, so there is no reason to simplify the station.

What`s the attitude of the TD in India on this?

Would be nice to have a short talk about this, as there are a lot of interesting procedures down there to be carried out, but the controllers will have to make use of them, otherwise the Pilots joining the Frequency will find themselves in a "boring/normal" CTR.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Seb

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted

Have you emailed the India vACC Director re this?

director(at)vatind.net

Matt Booker
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 2 Lead

unnamed.png.9c373918856698c30d9103fb632eabff.png[email protected]

sebastian gosch
Posted
Posted

Thanks matt!

I'll get in touch with him.

Seb

• 2 months later...
Mrinal Nair 1171091
Posted
Posted

Sorry for the late reply. But as you would probably know, there's an oceanic endorsement on VATSIM. Any controller wishing to control oceanic must have an oceanic endorsement. As well, we would need an approval form the BoG to set up an FSS, and an FSS for such a small area of airspace, is impractical. Now coming to the topic of simulating Radio Control over the oceanic airspace, it is possible, and can be discussed. As of now, our controllers are not trained to simulate oceanic procedures. But owing to the fact that it adds realism, it is being discussed in the vACC India as of now.

Mrinal Nair/CTR+

• 2 years later...
Sachin Gnath
Posted
Posted

Sorry to Dig up an old thread

Sebastian & Mrinal we have now splitted VABF FIR into three CTR'S (VAAH_CTR, VABB_CTR & VANP_CTR). We have also added VABX_CTR which is the Mumbai Radio.

More information can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=71552

Cheers,

Regards, 

S G

• 5 months later...
Mrinal Nair 1171091
Posted
Posted
Sorry to Dig up an old thread

Sebastian & Mrinal we have now splitted VABF FIR into three CTR'S (VAAH_CTR, VABB_CTR & VANP_CTR). We have also added VABX_CTR which is the Mumbai Radio.

More information can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=71552

Cheers,

That's pretty awesome!

Mrinal Nair/CTR+