You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Keep getting kicked offline

Ira Robinson

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

I was wondering if anyone had a thought on why I continually get kicked from the network. It doesn't seem to matter which server I use, or what range I have set, or what position I am staffing (CAB/APP/CTR) or even if there are any aircraft in my area. The first time usually happens after about 15 minutes online and then it continues to happen every 5 minutes or so until I finally give up.

I should add that this doesn't happen with any other program; Euroscope or vSTARS, just VRC. I could really use some help with this if anyone has any ideas.

Running on Windows 7 for some time now, but it used to happen when I ran XP as well.

Ira

Ira Robinson

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Does it throw an error?

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

David Zhong
Posted
Posted

Rating set to something other than OBS? Can't tell you how many times that has caught me out.

David Zhong

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

No, it doesn't give any error message other than to say you've been disconnected. Can't remember the actual line but I will look and add it later.

Yes we checked that first. The rating is always set to something other than OBS.

Ira Robinson

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

I know I was getting invalid client error a few times when I'd try to connect my voice ATIS. It finally worked itself out for now.

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

William Lewis
Posted
Posted

Run as admin?

The above pertains to United States

37.png

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted
Run as admin?

Doesn't seem to matter. I have ran it in both modes. It simply disconnects. Oddest thing.

Maybe I should just try and re-install the program. I hate to have to lose my profiles though.

Ira Robinson

William Lewis
Posted
Posted

You don't have to lose the profiles, save your .ini file.

The above pertains to United States

37.png

David Zhong
Posted
Posted

Deleted

David Zhong

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

Noticed something last night. If I move around the screen slowly I don't seem to have a problem but the first time I start scrolling around with any speed the screen is freezing. Sometimes for only a few seconds, other times it freezes until I have to force log off.

I don't know if this is related but I just noticed it last night. Heavy traffic, range 300 but I was logged on as an OBS and not actively controlling.

Ira Robinson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Do the lockups occur while panning quickly even if you're not connected?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC