You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How do I get "Assigned Runway" to work in code?

Brendan Chen 943434

Brendan Chen 943434
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned runway to display on a datatag that I'm writing through the SDK. I couldn't figure out a way to use the EuroScopePlugIn::TAG_ITEM_TYPE_[Mod - Happy Thoughts]IGNED_RUNWAY constant, only the function constant. Nor am I sure if I should be using that if I want to feature of "[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned Runway" found in the TAG Editor?

The current implementation I am trying to use GetDepartureRwy() and GetArrivalRwy(). And the problem I am having from doing that is when the departs an airport, the runway number is still there whereas if I use the "[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned Runway" feature in TAG Editor, it disappears.

So how would I apply the same functionality in code as I do with the TAG Editor?

One other thing, I am also not sure which function to look for or use if I want to get the upcoming (3) waypoints (including that within the airway); ie if I have an airway A123 which includes LALEX, KOBIE, JADEY, NOMEK, and my aircraft's flight plan is (... CTU DCT LALEX A123 NOMEK ...) with its upcoming waypoint being CTU, I want to extract waypoints CTU, LALEX and KOBIE, how should that be achieved?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Brendan Chen

VATPRC Tech Support

You make the difference!

672A68079898-1_zps98cef54d.png

Brendan Chen 943434
Posted
Posted

Any help would be really much appreciated please? Particularly with the route related question.

Brendan Chen

VATPRC Tech Support

You make the difference!

672A68079898-1_zps98cef54d.png

• 1 month later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

A bit late answer but:

- GetDepartureRwy() and GetArrivalRwy () returns the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned values in all phases of the flight while the TAG_ITEM_TYPE_[Mod - Happy Thoughts]IGNED_RUNWAY shows the departure RWY while you are close to the departure airport, then shows the arrival RWY. That is just the behavior of TAG_ITEM_TYPE_[Mod - Happy Thoughts]IGNED_RUNWAY.

- Use the GetExtractedRoute of the flight plane. There you have access to the route point by point.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer