You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Disconnected From Voice Server

Fred Michaels 1137645

Fred Michaels 1137645
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

Strange problem seems to have came out of nowhere and I'm really at a loss. Without warning, while controlling, it appears VRC "drops" me from the voice channel. According to my screen, I still show fully connected. However, a look at server stats shows I am no longer in the voice room. Attempting to reset, un-prime from the frequency/unchecking all boxes, I suddenly find I can't "reselect" HDST. The box is greyed out. Further, re-priming does not put me back in the voice room (even though VRC says "TXT ONLY" I'm not back in the voice channel). I'm having to literally reopen the session profile OR quickly make a new communications tab and connect using that.

The odd thing is, if I am monitoring someone else during the session (let's say I'm on CTR, listening to APP), that continues to come thru loud and clear. I have tried different voice servers thinking that might be the problem, no luck. Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit. 6GB of RAM. Problem literally just started without cause a few weeks ago. Seems to occur at sporadic times...connected for 1 hour, 90 minutes, 30 minutes, etc. Wondering if anyone has ever heard of this before?

-Fred

Deputy Air Traffic Manager

Miami vARTCC - United States Division (I1)

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

When you do get connected to your PRIM channel, which port does the voice server show you using? Is it 3490 or some random high-numbered port?

I want to say it's a UPnP issue with a port timing out... but it's very strange that other voice channels work at the same time. To rule that out... what's your network setup look like at a glance? If you're behind a router, have you tried port-forwarding UDP port 3290 to your PC?

Fred Michaels 1137645
Posted
Posted

The port is normally somewhere near 3200+, in that range. I haven't tried putting in place a port-forwarding on the router, but I find it odd that this is suddenly occurring when it has been fine without any issues for so long.

-Fred

Fred Michaels 1137645
Posted
Posted

Well, regretfully that wasn't it. Even with proper port-forwarding after 90 minutes of controlling, it happened again. I'm really at a loss as to where to go from here...

-Fred