You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Monitor suggestions

Charan Kumar

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

One of my monitors I use for my 2nd computer p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed away peacefully last week, and I am hoping to replace it (Already???...Yes).

My current 28" has a response time of 2ms, and I got that because I had read somewhere, the lesser the response time the better the display. I don't know if it's just my ability (or lack thereof) to tune the settings, even with the 2gb gtx660 I get fps that's decent, and it can still slow down in a PMDG coming into LHR. Anyways, I digress.

I am interested in buying a bigger monitor, 32" or bigger, but wasn't sure I could find any that has the 2m/2 response time. Is this really required? I mean, I see a lot of ppl using multiple displays or 3D displays which I am not sure even come within that time. Where can I find a good buying guide for the Monitor, if any, and what are some of your experiences/recommendations for a new Monitor.

I use only one monitor for the FS computer as FSInn and weather programs run from another computer (Which will inherit the current 28"), and I run FSX in windowed mode only with Track IR and some hardware connected to it.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1