You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Aircrafts the wrong way around.

Craig Tyler 1252153

Craig Tyler 1252153
Posted
Posted

My aircrafts are the wrong way around in Euroscope and I am not sure how to get them the right way around. For instance, aircrafts are taxing tail first and nose behind.

If someone is able to tell me how to upload a screenshot to this topic then I would show you what I mean.

staffsignature.php?pilotid=UKV2189

Neil Farrington
Posted
Posted

Hi Craig,

You can upload a screenshot to an external site, such as http://imgur.com/, and then paste the link to the image in your post.

I don't suppose you could also include a screenshot of the black symbol box in the bottom right when you navigate to 'Other Set' -> 'Symbology Settings' -> Symbols -> Ground aircrafts?

Neil Farrington

VATSIM UK

Craig Tyler 1252153
Posted
Posted

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your quick response. I will post how I managed to fix it here in case anyone else has the same problem. I downloaded a sector file from the VATSIM download page to find out that it was the wrong way around. I unticked show magnetic north in Quick Set and that then turned the airport the right way around. However, the aircrafts then became the wrong way around so, on talking to a mentor on TS3, he mentioned about going into symbology (as Neil has metioned) and changed the lines around so the aircraft is now pointing down rather than up. To edit the lines and turn the plane around: just edit the RIGHT (Y axis) numbers and change all the positives to negatives and all the negatives to positives.

That has fixed it for me, so instead of having aircrafts taxing backwards I now have them the right way around.

Thanks for your reply Neil, I had somewhat forgot about this post.

PS: thank you for the link of how to upload images to forums. These things get so complicated that I don't know how to use half of the features that these forums boards can do.

staffsignature.php?pilotid=UKV2189